1st casing questions

Started by jrfungi, January 10, 2009, 06:19:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jrfungi

This is my first casing. It is done with 60/40 verm and coco. I have it in a "pod" and the RH is 99% and the temp is 74f.

1 Did i fruit this too soon?
2 Is this when I need to drop the RH to around 95%?
3 will the Myc continue to break thru or is this just a poor pin set caused by something i did wrong?

There are around 80 or so small pins and the one growing in the corner. It seems every white spot has a cluster of pins on it.

Is there a way to make more "white spots" or do I just need to be patient and they will come?

Thanks guy for all the help along the way without y'all this is not happening!!

JR

psilocybin warrior

1 Did i fruit this too soon?

-No.

2 Is this when I need to drop the RH to around 95%?

-Wait until more pins form.

3 will the Myc continue to break thru or is this just a poor pin set caused by something i did wrong?

- Eventually it will stop, when you start seeing myc poke through patch it with clean mix to allow the other areas to catch up for even pinset.

Is there a way to make more "white spots" or do I just need to be patient and they will come?

- Be patient.

PW

jrfungi

ok PW thanks for the reply. I have a monotub going as well. I started it 1-6-09 and yesterday i noticed a big white spot in one corner. I am a little concerned that it may be trich but saying it is not. Do i just put some fresh casing material on that spot? Cover it up and wait until more grows? Just put a thin layer on it?

Thanks for all your help!!

psilocybin warrior

I doubt its trich as of yet, patch it up with a lil bit of clean ish till the rest catches up.

PW