no pinns again

Started by ezdunnit, January 11, 2009, 05:37:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ezdunnit

I have some Golden Teacher that have been setting on a bed of peralite for 3 weeks now with no pinns. Boo Hoo! they are at 95% - 100% RH 75 - 80deg.F with 12 hours of cool white light. They are in a clear tote with (no holes drilled) but I take the lid off for the 12 hour lighting time. I had the same problem with my B+ but once I put the light on them they turned out beautiful. I am on my 3rd flush for them. Do Teachers take a long time to Pinn or do you think Im fucking something up again? Any help and suggestions are greatly appreciated U guys R great. This is a difficult hobby, but I guess we all learn from our mistakes, Aye?!
(''''ezdunnit'''')

fattrout

:huh: i started some G.T's. back nov. and thay are just now fruitting.
maybe a slow moving strain, inoculation to fruit it took 2 1/2 month. 
fattrout

psilocybin warrior

I get teacher pins within 5 days, What are you doing for FAE? just taking the lid off? 12 hours is a long time for light I usually do 4-6. Don't take the lid off for 12 hours, thats probably messing things up.  They need to be in a consitant enviornment.

PW

sin2win

yea, i was just thinking that, how long do u take the lid off for?  don't ever leave it off for too long, just enough time to vent.  i had probs my 1st grow with FAE and solved that with a automated setup(aquarium air pump). that way i rarely had to open my FC.

fattrout

i have had B+'s and T.C.'s, thay have move fast. 1/2 the time as the G.T.'s :huh:
and i im using a tropic-aire humidifier & air exchanger. i like it, it keeps my RH @ 95-99%.. and it also takes care of my FAE.
fattrout

fattrout

Check this pic out one month from start to finish.  These are TC.  On this one I made a syringe from one of my own sport prints.   I am so proud of myself, I have to show off my babies.  This is a great hobby I am glad I started this. :mellow:

fattrout

jrfungi

Fatt can you give some details of your fc setup?

sin2win

very nice fatt, looking good!! :mellow:

Swanksandra

Gorgeous!  Just Gorgeous! :mellow:

psilocybin warrior

Some benefits of casings.

I got tired of changing the RH from 100 to 95, so now I put plastic wrap over and poke a bunch of holes as you can see.

Average yeild 1st flush un-dunked, 120-150 grams wet.  1 crumbled pint of wbs, 60/40 peat/verm.

Time to dry.

sin2win

very nice PW, 120-150 wet from a pint, nice results.  So im guessing u're FC RH is lower than 99 therefore u put the plastic over and take off after pinning. 
Also, do u put a thin case mix under the sub and then on top 2?

psilocybin warrior

So im guessing u're FC RH is lower than 99 therefore u put the plastic over and take off after pinning. 

- Yes, I have no problems getting to 100% but im tired of raising it and lowering it. Hence the plastic.

Also, do u put a thin case mix under the sub and then on top 2?

- Yes. About a quarter inch underneath.

PW

sin2win

vn, i almost did the same thing my 1st time (without the palstic wrap, great idea BTW) but not nearly as beutiful as ur'es lol.  very nice clusters.  where do u fruit? Greenhouse or martha, or some other FC?

fattrout2

WOW...  PW those are great .  -_-
btw, what the best way to get that verm off the bottom of the stems? or is it ok to just leave it there?  I  noticed when I pick my fruits there is always a little bit of verm and I take care to pick the verm off, can you rinse them under water or just pick it off or just leave it? does it hurt to ingest it?  Thanks in advance if I can't get back on here.
Fattrout2 (for now - once I sign out or get booted I'll have to change my sceen user name again to get back on)

psilocybin warrior

DYI martha, 2 fc's.

or is it ok to just leave it there?

-I don't like the thought of eating vermiculite, even if it is in small amt.s

I wait until the fruits are dried so they won't bruise up and rub around the stipe and it all comes off easily.

PW

fattrout2

OK .. so I am slow .. what is DYI marthas 2 fc's?
Yeah what I have been doing is pick the verm off before I dry it so your saying wait till after dry and it comes off easier - i understand that part. 

I sent another e-mail to anno - this time while logged in .. the last time I wasn't actually logged into the site and maybe he didn't get the e-mail.  oh well i be waiting ...

fattrout2

Check these out......see the deformed or mutant looking shrooms on this cake can you tell me why this happens and if those are still edible?  I get a cake like this every now and then. 
When picked they are firm and smell good.  So is this something that just happens? 
Thanks
FT2 (fattrout)

sin2win

yea mutants r ok to eat lol, enjoy.  they look great btw what strain is it again?

psilocybin warrior

Could be a # of reasons, do you use lysol or oust as a disinfectant?
FAE,
RH,
Chem,
Genetics

DIY martha is a "Do It Yourself" Martha Stewart portable closet turned multi-tier indoor greenhouse. And two seperate fruiting chambers.

PW

fattrout3

Back again .. under new name .. it still will not let me sign in .. i don't get it but whatever -- i am sure anno will get around to it sooner or later if it is the site problem, then I will get rid of all these other 'alias'.

to answer sins question - the strain is treasure coast.  and it only happens in 1 out of 12 cakes or so. 

to answer pw  - yes i do spray lysol around the house and in front of the door to my lab before i enter.  and i am always wiping the table with alcohol but i let it all dry before doing work.

RF i been doing my best to keep it at 95-99, i have been experimenting with a tropic aire unit which sends a constant FAE, maybe I should cut back on that, cut the time down that it runs.  anywhoooo as long as they are edible i will eat them .. lol .. thanks guys! 
Hopefully back to my original user name soon  :mellow:
fattrout