How long after sterilization...

Started by tonekilla, January 15, 2009, 03:09:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tonekilla

How long after I've sterilized my jars can I wait to inject the spores? My spores should arrive tomorrow but I wanted to sterilize my jars tonight and let them sit overnight.

psilocybin warrior

How long after I've sterilized my jars can I wait to inject the spores?

-I've never experimented with that, I wait until they cool to room temp.  If you wait too long new bacteria might develope and contam ur jars after innoculation. I would reccommend waiting until you have the spores because you don't know exactly what time their coming.

PW

sin2win

Quote from: tonekilla on January 15, 2009, 03:09:09 PM
How long after I've sterilized my jars can I wait to inject the spores? My spores should arrive tomorrow but I wanted to sterilize my jars tonight and let them sit overnight.
They SHOULD arrive morrow... u camt be sure. patiance is a must in this hobby.i suggest wait til u recieve ure spores then pc (or pf). y chance it, like pw said, y give other shit extra time.

fattrout5

I actually after sterilizing my jars wait 36 hours before inoculating them and it seems to be working for me.  I have learned that after 36 hours if the jars look good still you won't have any contamination.  I also one time cooked a set of jars and waited two weeks before inoculating and had no problem.  But normally I think inoculating within 36 hours is the best.
Fattrout (1,2,3,4 &5)

Rapid_Recoil

I wait like 6 to 8 hours and mine have always turned out great.