Hope you guys have good news...(pics)

Started by Korrupt, January 23, 2009, 07:57:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Korrupt

Let me start off by saying this is a awesome forum and I'm glad I could post this for you guys.

Well this is my first grow, i have been researching how to grow these for almost a year and ive finnaly decided to go for it. So I inoculated 12 jars with 2 spore syringes(1cc each with Golden Teacher if that matters) 7 days ago and this is what they look like. From a noobs perspective most of these look contaminated.

This is my setup: as you can see its a cheap rig but it works very well at keeping the temp at a constant 78. Btw its in a closet in a basement and its very cold in there where its -30 outside(canada).

Now the good. 3/12 look like this....

Now the possible bad. 8/12 look like this.....

Now the really bad. 1/12 look like this....

Tell me what you think guys. Thx!

k12357

the white growth is mycelium.  but all of that yellow and red shit is contamination.  ive never had a jar win the battle with contamination, but ive read that it can happen.  id wait a couple more days and see what happens.  if the mycelium dosent take ove when you dump them do it outside not in your home, to insure no bad mold gets in your house. 
"We're sorta like 7-Eleven. We're not always doing business, but we're always open."

fattrout5

Dude ... In my experience, toss those jars ASAP.  I also have read that some people have let it go for a few days to see if the mycelium will take over and there def is myc growing in your jars, but there is also contamination.  And contamination is nothing to take lightly.  Lately I have had a lot of good luck I seem to have my contamination problems under control, but when I do find a jar with contamination or even think it it contaminated I pull that jar and take it out to the back forty.  Never open the jar in the house.  Dump it and I use 99% alcohol to clean the jar thouroughly, bring it back into the house and wash it and then you can re use the jar.  Verm and brf is so cheap its not worth taking the chance... just start over.
I've also learned over time sterilization is the key.  I always spray the house with lysol 1/2 hour before I do work and clean the work area with 99% alchohol and then work in front of a hepafilter.  Since I bought the hepafilter and have been so strict with sterilization I have had no more contamination problems.
Good Luck
Fattrout (aka 1,2,3,4&5)

Rapid_Recoil

I would dump them out ASAP. Then wash them very well. And really work on getting ur tek down.

psilocybin warrior

Toss them and start over. Try and figure where you wen't wrong and correct it.

PW