MAOIs=longer, more intense trip?

Started by lostcause1138, January 29, 2009, 01:19:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lostcause1138

anyone take a MAOI before shrooming? (i hear it makes the trip longer and more intense). if so, how much, and how long before?

psilocybin warrior

I have taken syrian rue I believe its called, ive heard xanax works but ive never wanted to try. Fasting works well too, depends on the potency of your inhibitor.  Maybe an hour or so.

PW

fattrout

I take valium, xanax or atavan at the end of my trip it's like the iceing on the cake for me. it also helps me settle down.
fattrout

shroomzer

Why would you want to take an MAOI before a trip? seems it would take away from the effects of the shrooms .. now taking something AFTER the effects wear off and you need to take the 'edge' off is always something I do

psilocybin warrior

I forget the actual chemistry behind it, MAO inhibitors slow down your metabolic process and when taken with a few grams of mushrooms can produce a dmt like state.

PW

Cameltom

MAOIs
what is that???
i think im a retard cuz i dont know what it stands for and iv been reading on this stuff for like 3 months with all my spare time
which is allot cuz I'm on unemployment
thanks

psilocybin warrior

Mono-amine Oxidase Inhibitor (MAOi)

PW

fattrout

basically, they are an antidepressant xanax, wellbutrin etc....
fattrout

shroomzer

just google MAOI ... googling is great for finding out about anything pretty much

psilocybin warrior

lostcause1138

Wellbutrin is not a MAOI, and you dont have to find one from a pharm. if you know where to look, there are plenty in nature. like PW said, it's in syrian rue and a shit load of other plants. it's half the ingrediant of the standard ayahuasca brew (usually Banisteriopsis caapi, but not always). without a MAOI, the dmt would be metabolized before it got a chance to reach the brain

shroomzer

you are right wellbutrin is not an maoi .. but it seems to pop up somewhere in all searches i have done on the web on maoi's.  it is still considered an 'anti-depressant' drug, but not one i would recommend to take while on or after a shroom trip

psilocybin warrior

harmaline or syrian rue work the best.

PW

inneralchemy

Quote from: psilocybin warrior on February 06, 2009, 09:43:11 AM
harmaline or syrian rue work the best.

PW

Harmaline and harmine are actually in syrian rue and to compare rue with perscription drugs as someone did about is misleading, it's not like taking
Xanex or what ever it was at all. According to the shroomery dosage calculator taking rue doubles the dosage of shrooms:

http://www.shroomery.org/6257/Magic-Mushroom-Dosage-Calculator

Check it out, it's a fun little guide. I personally don't like adding rue because it makes it last a lot longer and is more of a "drug" high instead of a sacrid mushroom spiritual experience. It's more heavy with less visuals for me. You may be different and it's not bad just different. I also would never take rue with Chacruna because of the ancient wisdom in the cappi.

psilocybin warrior

Harmaline is the extract (pure) tho u can just eat the seeds. And Xanax IS an maoi inhibitor which is why I made the comparison. Have you ever taken harmaline and mushrooms? Mao's block the enzymes that would metabolize the mushrooms so it stays in your system longer and increases the mushrooms effectiveness. So if they are already spritual as is, taking them with rue would make it twice as profound for a longer duration. shroomahusca has been used for centuries by many native cultures and shamans.

also would never take rue with Chacruna because of the ancient wisdom in the cappi.

Do you take Chacruna by itself?
?Harmala is in the cappi vines, and rue can and has been added to Chacruna, cappi, mimosa, yopo, etc. to make ayahuasca by many for centuries.

PW