pictures and questions (new grower)

Started by jabwemet, January 31, 2009, 04:57:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

psilocybin warrior

Anything wrong?

-No.

I'm guessing that the definition of full colonization is when you can't see any substrate, yes?

-Yes.

Patience,

PW

jabwemet

ok, a couple of these jars are getting close.  how long after full colonization can they stay in the jars?  I ask because I will be out of town for most of the next two weeks.  even my fullest jar won't be ready to be birthed until a week from now- would an extra week hurt it?

i'm getting excited!
...absolute elsewhere in the stones of your mind...

Cameltom

i have read and read and read on these things and they say u should give it a week after 100% colonization to let the myc really get a hold on the substrate
i don't know how long they can stay in the jars until it starts to damage them sorry
but i know u have at least 2 weeks and u can slow the growth down if u put them in a refrigerator

psilocybin warrior

Your jars will be fine if you leave them in the incubator. Ive left fully colonized jars for weeks and saw no difference when it was time to birth. If there PF-make sure their in the dark 24/7 cuz you don't want to trigger any pinning.

PW

MT

I always wait at least a full week after the jars appear to be fully colonized. Like PW said just don't expose them to light and they should be OK.