what do you think?

Started by jrfungi, February 02, 2009, 05:58:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jrfungi

3rd try at the cakes. F+ strain in a poor man's pod. What do you think? Any ideas to better them is appreciated!!

JR

FC with 9 cakes. All dunked 6 rolled (one missing from pic)

couple of cakes, my nicest so far....

1st flush harvest, not too bad???

psilocybin warrior

Congrat's, looking good. Keep up the good work. and Enjoi

PW

fattrout

fattrout

redeye

don't know if you can get much better then that, congrats

redeye

fattrout

hey jr. what are you using for FAE.
fattrout

psilocybin warrior

Looks like it might be an aquarium air pump(just from the 1/4' tubes)

PW

fattrout

yeah, thats what i thought. i'm wondering if it is constant or timed. if timed how long. i still get mutant looking fruits on my cakes. i,m thinking to much FAE. mine runs constant.
fattrout

sin2win

def not 2 much FAE. usually mutants r genetic.  what else do u have that u run it 24/7 (RH wise). i had my air pump on i think every 2 hrs for like 15min if i remeber correctly, otherwise my RH would shoot down... what kind of FC?

fattrout

hey sin.. i use a tropic-aire system check it out.
www.shroomery.org/10156/Automated-Humid-Air-amp-Air-Exchanger-Tek-ToadStoolFool
fattrout

jrfungi

hey jr. what are you using for FAE.

- I am using the poor man's pod from shroomery. It is great no fanning no misting 100% automated!! Basically a tub with 2 small holes drilled in it for the aquarium hoses. A 30 gallon fish pump running 24/7 and geolite in the bottom. Hydrometer reads 99% all the time. it has 8 1/4 inch holes drilled in the long sides ( at the top) and 2 1 inch holes with polyfil on the short sides. The pump being on 24/7 creates positive air flow and keeps contams out yet RH up.

This set up is so much easier than perlite and the whole thing cost me $33. I think noobs should use this and screw the perlite.

On another subject my first flush on the new monotub weighed out 2 oz dry!!!!!

sin2win

cool man, congrats on the onions.  those monos r great.

Rapid_Recoil

What is that on the bottom of ur tub I use perlite not having much luck with keeping RH up.

jrfungi

it is geo lite or expanded clay it can be purchased at any hydroponics vendor.

http://www.shroomery.org/9047/Poor-Mans-Pod

IMO this is a great FC for cakes. Inexpensive, plenty of room, and it works great.

fattrout

yeah, i like geolite too.. geolite (hydroton) can be used over and over. just wash in soap and water and reuse.
fattrout