Cameltom

i have herd different for hole cakes and crumbled
i assume its 6-8 days (Crumbled)
what sterile proseagers do take when crumbling them and casing

1/4inch casing on bottom 1/2 inch crumbles than 1/2inch casing on top
i didnt take any sterile steps exept crumbling in a bagie
does that sound right

Cameltom

and when i crumbled them they turn a blue color in spots (bruisings)
and they had that fresh shroomy smell. which i did not no what it was until i opened them
smelled like think in a grocery store

sin2win

i never crumbled cakes but im guessing that it the same, if u c the mycelium poking through ure good to go.  so just check on it after bout 4-5 day and c where ure at.  if ure still uncertain post a pic and well help u.

BTW, i cased my grains my first time also (top and bottom).  Spawning to bulk will give u a much better yieald.  by spending like  5 extra bucks and picking up some coir, i think ud be happier.  well i guess there's a bit of extra work but well worth it.  somthing to plan for in the future ;)

psilocybin warrior

I've crumbled cakes in baggies and not in baggies, as long as u wash ur hands and are as gentle as you can be when crumbling your fine.

PW

Cameltom

BTW, i cased my grains my first time also (top and bottom).  Spawning to bulk will give u a much better yieald.  by spending like  5 extra bucks and picking up some coir, i think ud be happier.  well i guess there's a bit of extra work but well worth it.  somthing to plan for in the future

i have some more jars going so i might try to make a mono tub
i dont know if u consider that bulk but it is bigger than the tin bread pans im using

I've crumbled cakes in baggies and not in baggies, as long as u wash ur hands and are as gentle as you can be when crumbling your fine.

i was not gental at all how much will effact the growth do u think

psilocybin warrior

sin2win

yea monos r great.  by bulk i mean spawning whatever (grains, crumbled cakes) to a bulk sub (coir, hpoo, straw, etc).  I only did coir (w/ verm) but mixing the bulk subs is great i read.  i want to do hpoo/straw mix next. nice website pw gave me where u order from.

Cameltom

sin2win

yup hpoo is great.  mix it with straw for great results.  make sure u know how to prep the hpoo, drying it and all that.