forgot to shake syringe

Started by lostcause1138, February 05, 2009, 10:48:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lostcause1138

anybody done this before? will this batch be a total waste, or will it hardly matter?

psilocybin warrior

It won't be a total waste, wait and see.

PW

sin2win

yea, just wait and see, maybe u got a few spores in there who knows. i never made that mistake so im not sure.

fattrout

yep, one of my bad habits.. i have noticed only 3 of 5 jars take when this happens too me. but i have actually reinoculated thos jars and it work for me. but before you do that i agree with PW and SIN wait to see what happens..
fattrout

Nancy Botwin

hey, I've just started up my first shroomy growing, and I must admit I did not shake all syringes (though they were freshly made) before inoculation. after 9 days in all jars mycelium is spreading rapidly!   :ph34r:
Nancy

fattrout

hi nancy, great you got lucky and welcome to the forum. put up some pics of the fruits of your labors when there ready...
FT
fattrout

wojowut

I also have a question about forgetting to shake the syringe.... i forgot to with my first jar i inoculated, and now in the middle of incubation i have one giant spot of mycelium...
can a single mycelia overtake an entire substrate? and even then, can it reproduce... i was under the impression that actual reproduction occures when two mycelia grow into eachother and "fertalize"
so if its only a single mycelia and it continues to grow, can it overtake the substrate but not reproduce?
if so, am i able to reintroduce more spores via syringe and hopefully they can try to catch up to complete reprodcution as im sure size of mycelia doesnt determine ability to reproduce... if the theory of mycelia interaction is true...? :huh:
"And as the rainbows poured out from my fingertips, I saw the color yellow had escaped the spectrum.  I looked, and it was all around me."
                 My first experience

psilocybin warrior

can a single mycelia overtake an entire substrate? and even then, can it reproduce

- Yeah but it might take forever. A single Mycelia is a strain, which is formed by 2 spores germinating "doin it", usually they can fruit unless youve got wicked sick bad karma and are worthless. ^_^

i was under the impression that actual reproduction occures when two mycelia grow into eachother and "fertalize"  :huh:

-reproducion of what?

-Just shoot some more spores in if you don't want it to take 12 years.

DYAF- stop calling colonization "reproduction" your lack of slang and acronyms might confuse some peepz.

PS. I don't mean to sound cold, crule, or rude. But I am, so thats how it comes out.
PW

crazyd

I didn't forget to shake my syringes, but I did have 2 jars that just had one big spot of mycelium that eventually seemed to stop growing.  Taking PW's advice, I shook the jars pretty hard and now they are colonizing faster.  I didn't do this until about a month after innoculation though, so everybody that has said it is going to take a long time to colonize if you do nothing is correct.