Puerto Rican's

Started by Erik006, November 16, 2004, 05:34:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Erik006

Hey anno,

Im curious, is that a multispore fruiting of the puerto rican strain in the gallery? (fungifun gallery ofcourse)

Seems like a pretty shallow tray you are using, is it just on grain? Cased with the normal anno recipe I take it?

I'm currently 'experimenting' with this strain, did some multispore innoculations onto grain and agar, did some culturing, will be trying some cloning soon. (when my fruits mature) I was just wondering, what is your experience with this strain?
Do you find it much different from the other strains? Just curious as to your thoughts.

Thanks,

Erik006

anno

>Im curious, is that a multispore fruiting of the puerto rican strain in the gallery?
>(fungifun gallery ofcourse)

The spores were inoculated to agar and then the clean growth was transferred to rye.

The fist few pictures are dung spawned with rye, and the rest is cased rye directly.

> Cased with the normal anno recipe I take it?
If I remember correct it is roughly 50% peat, 40% vermiculite and 10% calcium carbonate.

>I was just wondering, what is your experience with this strain?
It is an aggressive colonizer, tends to overlay. Don't let the trays incubate after casing them but instead put them into the fruiting chamber right away. Also don't use coco coir in the casing mixture.

Erik006

Thanks anno,

ill try to post some pics once I see some fruits and get a (decent)camera.

Erik006

Erik006

QuoteThanks anno,

ill try to post some pics once I see some fruits and get a (decent)camera.

Erik006
[snapback]491[/snapback]

Here's a picture, as always sorry about the quality.

By the way anno? Have you noticed this particular strain to be very slow growing?
This picture was taking 7 days after pinning.

Erik006