Shelf life of mushrooms???

Started by inneralchemy, February 08, 2009, 06:55:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

inneralchemy

I know there are a lot of variables. I have gone to great
lengths to find out what most people think is the best way to store and
have decided it's dark, cool, not frig, amber blass with dririte.
If anyone can ad to that please do but my question is this,

About what is the shelf life if mushrooms if they are well kept?? Some say six months, some say longer, what do you guys think? Thanks very much!!

psilocybin warrior

I'm not totally sure on that, never needed to store them more than 6 months? thats a long time. Tho I've heard if stored properly about a year until they start to loose significant potency.

PW

inneralchemy

Thanks PW, I'm actually weighing the pros and cons of myco bags vs
pf. The bags are simple, nothing to it really if you purchase them on line
and when all is said and done there might not be that great a price differance. Would pf produce much greater yields?

psilocybin warrior

Buying myco bags is shady IMO, I've never used them so im not familiar with the yeilds.

PW

MT

I have never had any luck with Myco bags. But, then again I never had luck with anything else that I purchased from SporeBank either.

inneralchemy

Also, please please please, STAY AWAY FROM THE GOOD SPORE!!!!
That guy sold me three syringes, two were good and one was was bad.
I know because I did the exact same thing with each and did he
even return my e-mails when I wrote hime about it? NOOOOOOO!
The SPORE WORKS is the best ever. They have top notch stuff and
recently even returned my order with a full refund, no questions asked when I told them I couldn't use it. They are extremely good people!

jrfungi

If you want to play with myco bags i can sale you an impulse sealer,  8 bags, and even some dehydrated poo. I tried the bags and almost puked when i opened the incubator tub. I threw it all out and will stick with monos and cakes!

inneralchemy

That's funny cause I had fantastic luck with em. Maybe it all depends
on the recipe you use or something. I put the mycelium up on little
bamboo stilts and had mushies growing out all sides with a light and
some foil under. I think it's important to use a 6500 Kalvin tube or
higher, 12 on 12 off. I'm finishing up my forth fruiting and going to rebirth again. I got my bags from Mad Season, he's a good guy and answered
a million questions I had. To be honest, I'm not a mycologist. I did it once
and that's enough for now but if I do it again I'll just buy some bags from
him and a few syringes from spore works... Peace

Baphom3t

"About what is the shelf life if mushrooms if they are well kept?? Some say six months, some say longer, what do you guys think?"

Any human knows if you remove "air" it will not decompose as near as fast because air is one of the main components in decomposition.
So if you want to be a technical douchebag about it, vaccum seal the fuckers and they will last practically forever ;)
This of course is once they are cracker dry.

Baph