New Member... First Grow

Started by kaozmush, February 08, 2009, 07:43:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kaozmush

Hey guys whats goin on im about to start my first grow after about a week of researching non-stop. first i would like to say  that my grow operation will be happening in a 10 foot high by 2 foot wide pantry closet. i will be using the pf BRF tek, and 50/50 casing technique. i will be innoculating 12 1/2 pint jars, and 24 1 pint jars with B+. i have bought all the neccesary equipment that is required including a pressure cooker. i've made an incubation chamber using the submersible heater tek, and even a sterilizing chamber out of a large rubbermaid. my main plan is to pf tek all 36 jars including dunking them all, i will then case 15 of the 1 pint jars(whole, not crumbling) and cake 21 of the 1/2pint and 1pint jars.... Now for the main part, i want the pantry closet itself to be the FC.. i have ligned all the walls in the closet with large plastic black garbage bag. the closet has 4 shelves and plenty of space. i can fit 3 1 pint cakes in each of the casings, with 5 casing that is 15 cakes. i have an ultrasonic and a cool mist humidifier, along with several thermometers and a hygrometer for both temp and humidity. my plan is to run tubing through the coolmist humidifier going up to the shelves that will have the casings on them, assuming the humidifier is on the bottom. as for the cakes i will leave them on the top shelf in the big rubbermaid filled with perlite, i figure i can leave both the cakes and casings in the same closet because the perlite will not affect the casings and it would be okay for the humidifier to affect the cakes because cakes need a lot of humidity anyway.. correct? i dont know thats y im here lol, i forgot to mention i also have a natural daylight blusih CFL bulb, would the 12hrson/12hrsoff tek be good with the casings, ive also read 4hrson/20hrsoff. well that is my plan i would really appreciate feedback.. even negative because i really want this to work lol. thank you for taking the time to read this i hope it made sense. :ph34r:

psilocybin warrior

Welcome.

PC is not necessary for pf-tek but atleast youll have it for later on down the road, but to speed things up you can boil and pc since ur doing so many jars.

What do you plan on using as casing material?

Instead of black garbage bags, go to a hardware store in the paint section youll find something like a huge clear plastic tarp you can put over your carpet when you paint their only like 4 bucks.  That should be more than enough to cover the inside and wrap ur shelves if their wooden, don't forget to make it easily accessible maybe a 2 layer or zipper front door autoclaved together.  Your going to want your hoses to be connected high up since the moist air is dense it will fall to the bottom. you can drill holes big enough thru cd cases and silicone them on each side of the tarp.  Don't forget a drip pan, underbed shelves or containers from a super store work. I'd reccommend 4 hours on 20 off for lighting.  Cakes need just as much humidity as casings, if you decide to keep the rummermaid in there wipe it down with 91% isophrophyl alc. along with the entire inside before you get humidity up and start fruiting. Sorry if I missed anything for now" let me know if I did I wont get offended" im hi. GL and stick around. Check this out too it will give u a better idea.

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/4024838/an/0/page/0

PW