Physiological effects of mushrooms...

Started by inneralchemy, February 09, 2009, 07:08:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

inneralchemy

I have a medical condition and read last night in Paul Stamets book: Psilocybin Mushrooms of The World that you shouldn't take them if you have any problems with your liver or kidneys.

Does anyone know what they do to you, physiologically speaking? This is something I need to know.

psilocybin warrior

If you have an unstable mind there not for you.

PW

k12357

yeah people with kidney problems should deffinitly stay away i have a buddy with a kidney problem and he ate some one nite and pissed blood for the whole next day.
"We're sorta like 7-Eleven. We're not always doing business, but we're always open."

fattrout

ok..check it out .... i also have kidney problems.  it really depends on the condition you have.  i am on medication to control the condition so i dont' worry about it.  but you need to do your research. psilocybin tends to stay in the kidneys and liver a little longer than most of your other organs.  so the key is to make sure you drink a lot of water especially while eating shrooms.  at least that is what i do.  so i absolutly agree with PW .. its all about being in the right frame of mind, if you have doubts don't do it, cuz it fucks up your trip. i on the other hand have been lucky i haven't had a bad trip yet!!!  but when i go to eat em' i make sure i am in a fun and happy environment making sure that that is all there is to make it a good time.
fattrout

inneralchemy

Sooo very true, I have had many both good and bad. If you're in a good frame of mind in a good environment with good vibes it's amazing. If you're
not in a good frame of mind, do not do them! It's not my kidneys or liver. I
have a hip joint that I'm healing with natural medicine and stuff. I'm going
to get stem cell injections and on a special diet. I'm doing all I can and to
help it heal and I don't want anything that tears down my overall health or
causes an acidic environment in my body...etc... Like coffee, alcohol and
ciggerettes would be terrible for me so I don't do them. I eat VERY healthy
and I want to know what muchrooms do exactly to the body. So far I haven't found much literature in it.

lostcause1138

i'm no doctor, but i do know gooms are extremely nontoxic (less than that of an asprin)

inneralchemy

I read that somewhere too, it's so nice to hear. Who was it...
the national poison control institute I think??? ? Do you know the
source?? I have it written somewhere because I wanted to save it.