casing or tub

Started by jrfungi, February 10, 2009, 05:55:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jrfungi

What are the pros and cons of a monotub versus a casing?

fattrout

yeah me to, i got the cake thing down and i am ready for the next step..
fattrout

jrfungi

yeah i have tried both (tub and casing) my tub is doing great but my casing only put out one nice flush and then nothing after i dunked. I know pw uses casings a lot and i was wondering why?

NOTE.... my RH was not perfect for the casing...

psilocybin warrior

What are the pros and cons of a monotub versus a casing?

It depends it you are using clones, m.s., or spores.  If your using clone's casings and mono's are a good way to go, but if your using a m.s. and u do a mono youll have different growths all around the tub (some tards, midgets, no-growths) such as in casings with more than 1 cake.  It all depends on your situation I guess, I don't like having a bunch of big bins lying around.  Plus if your mono tub gets contamed its probably all going to waste, and thats a lot of spawn, mix, time.  But if you loose one casing, its not that bad. As far as flushes go, as long as you rehydrate your casings really well your golden. Those little ones I put the pic up of a while ago dropped maybe 1-2 grams after each flush, and the mushrooms got larger after each flush...lol I use a lot of water to rehydrate.  But shit works out differently for everyone so find what works best for you and exploit it.

PW

jrfungi

cool man thanks. Right now the tub is working beautifully. I am thinking of trying to clone some PE i have started in WBS ( I am going to put it in a tub in about a week or two). Any tips? I saw a video the other day about growing "super Myc" with several transfers to agar. I might give it a run.

psilocybin warrior

Any tips?

-stay sterile! sterile! sterile!, always make more than 1 agar of the strain u wanna clone, usually 3 is the best cuz some might get contam'd its really easy with agars. I tried that tek "easy clone" i forgot what its called and forgot who posted it in one of the topics. Its working out pretty good, you could find it at the shroomery. Glad to hear everythings workin out, good luck on ur klones.

PW

sin2win

jrfungi

Thanks guys without you two and others I would be ......... well without!!!!

I will follow up when i start, right now i am drying, drying and drying!!!

Cameltom

i was looking for a good easy cloning tek
thanks sin