rehydrate casing?

Started by lostcause1138, February 10, 2009, 10:49:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lostcause1138

if you can add water to cakes by dunking, is there a similar tech for casing? is it as simple as just gently pouring some water back into it?

Cameltom

there are a bunch of teks dunking try shroomery or mycotopia.net
u can dunk casings but the bigger the casing the more of a mess it will make
u can spray them with a mister
u can do what ever u want to them -_-

psilocybin warrior

I give them a great mist.

PW

cugak

Do u mist only on top of a case mix, or do u also mist cakes before u put the case over? Would it be ok, if u maybe dunk them for couple of hours before u case the cakes?
share international

psilocybin warrior

I don't drunk grains, but you COULD if you wanted too, it would hurt. I have heard people compare dunk'd and not dunk'd and results didn't vary enough for me to take any consideration.  Just keep the casing moist at all times.

PW

jrfungi

Put your casing in a very large ziploc and dunk for 24 hours. When done hold the plastic against the sub and cut a small hole in the corner. Turn  up side down and drain all the water off. Fruit and enjoy!

JR

psilocybin warrior

If your going to dunk a casing that way don't do it for 24 hours or your mix will mush together and sufficate your mycelium, 2-4 hours is sufficient.

PW

jrfungi

hhhmmmmmm    maybe i am dunking too long!!!

My growing partner jusy flushed 44 g's off of a 11 x 9 casing. Is  that pretty good? Golden teacher strain?

coyoteyogi

:rolleyes:Uh yeah. But of course, it's all good...

Baphom3t

If you are using trays just take distilled or sterile water and pour into the trays and let them sit for anywhere from 4 - 12 hrs. Then put on a sterile glove , take your hand and place it on the casing and tilt the tray to let the water run out.
Get as much water out as possible and then place back in FC for another flush.
Harvest,Repeat.

If you are using aluminum trays, the myc has a tendency to eat through them,in that case, get a cooler , sterilize it , place the trays in , fill with water , the sub will want to float , take drinking water bottles and sit them on the sub to keep them from floating.

Baph