Can I birth a 1/2 colonized jar?

Started by crazyd, February 20, 2009, 02:59:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

psilocybin warrior

I've become a littl confused with this thread, so ill just say.

Crumbling a cake and casing it, is......making a casing. Casings produce fruits which is why they work.

true, again i never tried or heard of JUST casing  grain/cake in a mono.

- When yall are saying peat, do you mean peat moss or peat based potting soil?

-Do you mean WBSF casing or tub? or using gains or pf as spawn?

- If your going to case and wan't to use coir, sub coir for peat. 60/40verm  or 60/40 pb soil/verm. OR if you cant make up your mind do 30/30/30/10, peat/coir/verm/calcium.

- If you wan't to make a monotub, use coir/dung. and sub in straw or verm if youd like.

Yes coir has some nutritional value, but thats not always a good thing, colonizes faster, saves energy, and has a better consistancy, and changes color when it needs water. Tho I usually see better results with SHPAGNUM peat moss. But youll figure out what works best 4 u thru ur own exp.

PW

sin2win

-Crumbling a cake and casing it, is......making a casing. Casings produce fruits which is why they work.
true, again i never tried or heard of JUST casing  grain/cake in a mono.

:huh: thats what i said, never heard of it.  i did case grains (1st grow) and it did produce a little but not in a mono.

- When yall are saying peat, do you mean peat moss or peat based potting soil?

i was talking about peat moss, thats what i case with 60/40 verm
I was going to use coir as a case mix, sub for peat, but was advised not 2. well not really but i was told im bettter of spawning to it and it turned out great.  id never go back to just casing my grains, but thats just me. 
Currently im doing mono's but im setting up a GH (goiing to wait til i move in a month, 2 tops).  then im going to do smaller trays (all bulk).  

crazyd

Just wanted to update y'all that shaking my 2 stubborn jars has definitely helped.  They are showing new growth again and one is almost close to fully colonized.  Thanks for your help!