agar

Started by jrfungi, March 09, 2009, 06:16:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jrfungi

i am cloning a PE strain this week to agar. After i do the clone do i put the petri dish into the incubator or just in a room temp. dark place? Do i need to wrap saran wrap around the dish?

I want to do the "super myc" tek i saw on a video and then another set of dishes just regular.

1. After i transfer the the best rizo MYC to another dish is dish "1" ruined, or can i continue to grow it and transfer later?

2. Will a small piece if agar work alone in grain or is a transfer to LC a must?

3. Do you wait until a "regular" dish is completely white before any sort of transfer?

Thanks again in advance!!!

JR

psilocybin warrior

agars are very sensitive to contam's, keep it at room temp, dark place, saran wrap around the dish if u wanna play it safe.

1- Once you get the myc you want, the rest of the agar is worthless.  Remember to cut the mycelium you wan't into 3's for 3 sep dishes incase of contams.

2- Yes, transfer to LC is better tho.  What you could do is if you end up with 2 or 3 uncontam'd dishes. Transfer one to grains, transfer the other to LC, and do what you wan't with the other one.

3- You can if you wan't too, its not totally necessary.

PW