Average time for cakes to fruit?

Started by crazyd, March 10, 2009, 02:35:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazyd

Hey guys.  I've had my dunked and rolled cakes in my fruiting chamber for 4 days now.  I built a chamber using an aquarium air pump that is pushing air through 2 rock bublers, up through water and clay pellets.  It looks to be very humid inside and I have kept them in light about 10 hours a day, just in my bathroom, getting light from 2 normal bulbs.  Average temp has probably been 73 or so.  The cakes very quickly showed new mycelial growth.  What is a normal timeframe to start to see actual fruiting?  (These are mazatapecs)

Thanks!

psilocybin warrior

Probably within the week, cut ur light down to 6-8.  Is there enough FAE?

PW

crazyd

k12357

Fresh Air Exchange.  the cakes need plenty of fresh air.
"We're sorta like 7-Eleven. We're not always doing business, but we're always open."

crazyd

Yes...there is a constant supply of fresh air, coming up from below the cakes via an air pump and going out thru a few holes in the top.

Gcrazy

I've got the same fc going average temp about 69, humidity 99% air exchange from bubble stone underneath perlite but i have one non-dunk and rolled in with two dunk and rolled, been over a week and all im getting from the two dunk and rolled is spiky mycellium all over, the non-dunked is fruiting kinda weak, wondering whats up, what i can do to get something out of the dunk-and-rolled.

crazyd

Yeah, mine have been in there 1 week as of tonight.  No fruiting yet.  I'm still not sure what an average time might be?  Seems I read that several days is normal?  But I also think I saw that sometimes it can take weeks.  Anyone know?

MT

My cakes usually start to pin about five to six days after the dunk and roll. As for the one cake that you did not dunk, it is probably not growing well  because your cake is drying out.

fattrout

yeah, about a week on cakes. dunk and roll. 12 hours or so works for me...
fattrout

psilocybin warrior

Lol, back in the day when I was doing pf-tek. I had puerto rican's take around a month before they started pinning, but once they pinned they were full grown and potent as all hell in a couple days.

PW

crazyd

I've definitely got ONE pin on one of my cakes.  I guess that is a good sign...we'll wait and see!

crazyd

Okay, so my one cake with the one pin is doing okay, but now I've got another with a bunch of small pins!  This is very exciting!  It has been 9 days since I placed them in the fruiting chamber. 

psilocybin warrior

fattrout

put up some pics so we can enjoy with you....lol, see it takes patience it and will pay off.
fattrout

crazyd

The 2 with pins birthed 12 days ago.  The spiky mycelium one was birthed 5 days ago...

fattrout

NICE.. soon you will have cool little babys!!! BTW what strain.
fattrout

crazyd

whiterabbit

Crazyd

I'm a newby currently incubating some mycelium and making a fruiting chamber.  I've been instructed to use perlite (PF-TEK, etc.).  What is the brownish red material you're using in those pictures?  Is that some sort of clay?  Thanks.

-WR

crazyd

They are called expanded clay pellets.  One brand name of them is Hydroton.  You can order them online, or at a local hydroponics store if one is available.  I was going to use perlite, but someone on this site recommended the expanded clay pellets.  They are reusable (you can wash them between uses), and relatively cheap.  I bought 10 liters at a local store for $10.  I placed 2 rock bubblers (basically aerators used in aquariums) at the bottom of the tank (linked by rubber tube to an air pump), covered them with about 2 or 3 inches worth of the expanded clay pellets, and then filled it with water to just below the top of the pellets.  It has seemed to work really well.  The chamber stays very humid and you don't have to worry about airing it out...you just poke some holes in the top of the container and the air flows from the rock bubblers, through the water and out the top of the chamber.  This is my first grow, so I don't know any other way, but my cakes are fruiting and it seems to be working well.  Let me know if you have any other questions.

jrfungi

Hey Crazy...You will enjoy those MEZAs((((( VISUAL))))!!!! Got any new pics?