this is bothing me

Started by Cameltom, March 10, 2009, 02:35:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cameltom

ok i like to case my cakes, but recently they have been getting the trich before they can even pin
well i guess a little more than half of them do but thats still wasted time and effort
i tried the microwave to sterilize my casing didn't work for me
the best luck i have had is to use coir without sterilizing it  at all WTF
any way thanks for your help

psilocybin warrior

Cut out the trich with a steralized knife, or scoop it out with a spoon. Then spray the infected area's down with a h202 or bleach solution 1:200 ratio, then fill the hole with salt.  After that spray the dryer area's of the casing down with regular water, and give it more FAE than you usually have but be sure to keep the RH.  let me know how it is in a couple days.

PW

psilocybin warrior

I microwave my casing mixes too, how long do u put ur in for? and what kinda thing do u keep it in?(mixing bowl, micro safe container, mic safe bag. etc.) where and how do u let it cool down? do you stir it right after its outa the mic.?, lets try and find the cause and fix it.

PW

Cameltom

i put a paper towel on top first 4 min stir 4 mins stir let sit in the wave till room temp
and i use hand sanitizer for my utensils every time i use them
then i case in open air

Cameltom

my microwave is allot stronger than most so i didnt do it for as long

psilocybin warrior

befriend oust surface& air sanatizer. I microwave mine for atleast 5 minutes, so add another minute or 2 on ur original time.

PW

Cameltom

how much oust do u need to use

psilocybin warrior

I just walk around the room kinda quick sprayin from ceiling to floor, then let it sit for a minute.

-Did you try my response about the trich?

PW

Cameltom

i will next time i get it
i tosed all of them away that had trich
but i bet i will get it soon and i will post u on it
thank u