Question about pinning

Started by heartx, March 12, 2009, 04:51:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

heartx

I'm on my first attempt right now and it's doing pretty good so far. I made pf-tek jars and the myc have spread threw the whole jars. But now I'm a little confused with the pinning because I've reed alot of different thing about it. Some say it's an obligation, some say it isn't. I also saw on thread on this forum that depending on the strain some just don't pin in the jar, but haven't found which strain it was. About making them pin, alot of different things have come up, like light shock, or heat a little more or the opposite put them in the fridge or freezer (don't remember which one). I little help would be really appreciated.

psilocybin warrior

Its personal preference to pin inside/outside the jar. To make them pin you need to provide
-light (4-8hours/day)
-RH(relative humidity) 100% for pinning 95% for fruiting
-FAE(fresh air exchange) I assume you will be manually fanning 2-4times per day.

Get a few grows under ur belt before you start messing around and stick to the basics for now.

PW

heartx

these are my cakes, I will try to make them pin outside the jars so I wanted to know if they look alright. I only made 2 jars to begin with just to try.
http://img12.imageshack.us/my.php?image=35865056.jpg

http://img27.imageshack.us/my.php?image=88353555.jpg

MT

Your cakes look like they are ready to birth, dunk & roll and put into your FC.

fattrout

nice cakes, like PW said its preferance... you need to play around and see what works best for you.... i leave my cakes in the jar for 5 to 7 days after full colonization.
fattrout

heartx

I have another question about this, I have some problem reaching the 99% of humidity and I'm a little low on money right now so I wouldn't be able to buy other things to help. I only have perlite in my fc and it's staying at about 90%. I wanted to know if it will only take more time to fruit because of the low humidity or will it just not fruit at all? And can perlite be boil and use infinite number of time?

psilocybin warrior

90% is ok but it will take longer, try and expose more perlite surface area, you could make shift stands for your cakes to keep them elevated a bit.  Yes you can boil perlite a bunch of times.

PW

heartx

ok thank you, i'm not worried if it take times so I'll wait until it fruit or until money comes in. And I'll try to make them stand higher to see if the humidity comes up. I'll post my result when it will be done.