my cakes shrunk

Started by tripdawg420, March 20, 2009, 11:25:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tripdawg420

OK i have did every thing right put the brf/verm in very loosely top off w dry verm and after pc the cake shrunk where there is about a inch from the top of the verm layer and lid   is this ok or should i start over my pc was at right temp and pressure plz help

Cameltom

if ur doing BRF cakes u can steam them with out a pc
i have never used a pc
and never had that problem
i dont think that it would have any effect on the growth if there is some air at the top

tripdawg420

i really don't wanna waste my money no using my pc has any one else had this problem and how did they fix it

room408

hey cameltom, never heard of the steaming method, do you mind elaborating?

and you say it only works with the brf method? or grain as well

heartx

was it sealed good enough so the water wouldn't comes out when you pressure cook it? If all the water got out it could be a reason. It's the only thing I could think about right now.

And for room408, for the grain you need to pressure cook, steaming won't work. Steaming is just putting you jars in a big pot adding water, closing the cover and making it boil for 1h30. Well that's what I do to sterelize.

psilocybin warrior

Your supposed to wrap the lids with tinfoil. As far as pressure cooking pf cakes......don't do it. Your putting soft material under pressure, whatd u think was gunna happen?

Steam method, put jars in a rangetop pot, fill with water about 1/4 the way up the jars, put on lid, boil for 1 hour.

1 1/2 hours is unecessary, 1 hour is all you need. SGF grains

PW

Cameltom

thanks pw
saved me allot of typing