fruits not growing to expectations.

Started by fun guy bplus, March 24, 2009, 10:21:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

first couple trys went great. big fruits and plenty. now i m pulling miniatures and lots of aborts. very frustrating. whats going on? please help me.

contamination that is not visible
0 (0%)
enviromental factors
4 (100%)
wrong substrates
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 4

psilocybin warrior

Are they from the same trays? Whats the RH, FAE? Substrate? Temps? with no info im leaning towards genetics.  Was it a MS innoc or spores?

PW

fun guy bplus

P.W. got them in syringe form. the penis envy and bplus are in seperate bins. one is just on perlite with no casing and the sub was crakd corn. the envys are inoculated on wild bird feed with sunflower seeds removed then put on perlite with a pro mix casing. am a newbie to this. only my second time doing it. temps are around 78 to 82 peaking occasionally to 86 or 88. got good air flow and humidity in bins. found a speck of green mold in the bplus bin. got genetics from the hawks eye. had great luk with bplus first time around.  my next attempt is with rye grain berries. they r plentiful and cheap around here. 60 cents a lbs. thanks 4 trying tohelp me.

psilocybin warrior

found a speck of green mold in the bplus bin.

-scoop it out with a steril spoon and fill the hole with table salt, pronto. Ill read the rest in the moarning and get back to ya.

PW

fun guy bplus

p.w., did the scooping out and all that. am having miniature growth in bplus bin. . has been that way the whole time. am tired of pulling bpluses that look like pan subs they r so little. what causes this? contams?  temps? rh?

psilocybin warrior

If your temps and RH/ FAE are good I would assume poor genetics, how thick is your casing layer?

PW

fun guy bplus

p.w.-casing layer is roughly a quartr in thick. i read that aborts will start a first flush sumtimes and then go to normal growth, which is what seems to be happening with the envys but the bplus have nocasing and r directly on perlite. my casing colonized totally in the envy bin. my first time using casing and i got a buddy who does the envys too and his jiffy mix casing doesnt colonize. i got anuther b plus set up at anuther location that is set up same way as my envy bin we been talking about.seems to b doing great at that locale. maybe air quality is a prob here? any way, thanks again. they dont call u a hero member 4 nuthin. u r the golden book of fungi knowledge. read lots of old posts and u got it all in that head of yours. i can only hope to have the know how u have sum day. keep it up. u r keeping us all going strong!  -FUN GUY BPLUS

psilocybin warrior

i read that aborts will start a first flush sumtimes and then go to normal growth

-Thats true, after the 1st flush give it a good mist and you might get some lunkers for the 2nd.

my casing colonized totally in the envy bin

-Do you mean the entire casing is colonized over like a cake would be?

I wouldnt suspect the air quality, if the air was bad you would be getting contam'd so I think its just boiled down to bad genes(it happens and is unavoidable the first time).  If you come across a good speciman to clone, there's a super easy noob proof clone LC tek link on this forum somewhere. Maybe who ever found it (I forgot) could re-post it?

i can only hope to have the know how u have sum day

- with dedication, patience and persistance, you will be on the same level, if not surpass me.  Give it time and you will be there.
PW

fun guy bplus

p.w. thanks a buttload. u r the best. will post pics asap. got great results from bplus bins at my other locale. huge ones and the envys there r doing great too. my casing totally colonized like a cake would. in both of my envy bins at both locales they have both colonized casing totally seems to b fruiting good. b plus did great that way. anyway thanks again.