When to harvest? See pics

Started by crazyd, March 25, 2009, 10:24:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazyd

These pics are from the same cake.  I'm not sure when I am supposed to harvest these?  Can you harvest just a few mushrooms from a flush and wait for the others to grow?  And when do you dunk again?  After all have been picked and there are only pins left?  Should I wait longer with these and then harvest?  Thanks for your help.

crazyd

I didn't get any replies from you guys so I went ahead and harvested the few shrooms I had and am drying them now.  I think that my lighting might have been a problem with the slow growth and small size I've had so far.  I was keeping them in my bathroom under a set of normal 80 watt lights for 6 to 8 hours a day.  I just went and bought a compact flourescent bulb that is only 14 watts (it says it is comparable to a normal 60 watt bulb) and emits a bluish light (it is supposed to be the "natural" light version).  I'm going to keep them under this light for about 4 hours a day...it really isn't much light at all, but from what I've read, that won't be an issue.  And the shrooms I harvested were only 5 grams wet, so I've got a way to go.

Baphom3t

You harvest right as you see the veils breaking open.
If some break open before others , then pic the ones that are open.
If you want to make a print , wait for the caps to open up.

Baph

fattrout

sorry man, i've been busy. don't forget to dunk and roll. after my 1st flush i dunk 6 to 8 hours and roll in fine verm...
fattrout

crazyd

Should I dunk and roll now?  I've still got a number of little guys coming out....

fattrout

fattrout

lostcause1138

the small sized fruit is probably due to the fact that you didnt dunk them. wait till theyre done with their flush, or till they seem depleted, then dunk. keep repeating, and next time dunk before you place them in the fc. youll notice a huge difference.

crazyd

I did dunk them the first time...not sure what the problem is.

lostcause1138

might be the humidity or FAE. i used to get small fruit till i turned down the humidity and started fanning waaaaay more.

tatortot33

Is the cake sitting on just a little sheet of tin foil, above the hydroton?

crazyd

Yes, sitting on a single sheet of foil on top of the hydroton.