Mini-fruiting chamber

Started by blindorangejulius, March 10, 2009, 06:57:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blindorangejulius

I'm working on my first grow and have only got 3 outta 12 jars to become fully colonized by the mycelium and 3 others that are about half colonized. I was just wondering if anyone would know of a cheap way to build a fruiting chamber that would be the appropriate size for about 3 cakes? thanks.

psilocybin warrior

Well assuming your going to have more than 3, get a big transparent rubbermaid storage bin and some perlite.   Shake the shit out of the ones that are half colonized to speed things up.

PW

crazyd

I am just now trying to fruit my first cakes, so I can't personally vouch for it, but fattrout pointed me towards this design...

http://www.shroomery.org/9047/Poor-Mans-Pod

It only cost me about $33 to make (including the expanded clay pellets), and mine should hold around 5 - 6 cakes comfortably.

psilocybin warrior

Or if you wanted to be really cheap, use 2 liter soda bottles.

PW

fattrout

yeah, the poor mans pod. i have two going now. but i use this system for my RH and FAE. the comb works great for me...http://www.shroomery.org/10156/Automated-Humid-Air-amp-Air-Exchanger-Tek-ToadStoolFool
right now i have so many cakes i can barely keep up... but as soon as i have time i'm going to start caseings...
fattrout

fattrout

BTW depending on the size of your pod you can do 4 cake or more. so think ahead
and and build your pod as big as you can. i use 54 qt. containters. i can put up to 9 cakes comfortably in each one. good luck....
fattrout

blindorangejulius

Thanks for the helpful feedback   -_-, I ended up getting a not-so-large rubbermaid container and making one. I have another quick question and don't really want to start another thread, but I was just wondering, if I'm letting the cakes take a week-ish and start pinning before removing them from there jars is it still okay to roll and dunk them straight out of the jars or will that hurt the already growing pins(or whatever)?

Baphom3t

"I have another quick question and don't really want to start another thread,"

I really don't wanna answer ;)
If the cakes are ready for birthing,then birth them.
If you want to wait until there is a pin or two in the jar b4 birthing,then fine.
Either way,dunk and roll and you will be fine.

Rolling with a few pins will not hurt the overall yeild.
Remember,your not be forceful with your cakes when you roll them (or whatever...)

Baph

BeaverShroom

for the 54qt rubbermaid what size air pump would you recommend? are they measured in watts, or volume/min or something? sorry i have never bought one before.

psilocybin warrior

they go by gallons, get one with 2 outputs prolly a 30-60gal.

PW