azurescens and bird seed

Started by coyoteyogi, March 26, 2009, 12:22:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coyoteyogi

Hello everyone, new to the forum and new to cultivating. I would have to give myself an A for the results so far with B+ but I'm having no luck with azurescens. I have inoculated two quart jars of organic bird seed. I soaked the seed for a couple of hours, drained and cleaned the water then boiled the seeds for an hour and a half. This became the substrate in the jars that I  sterilized in a pressure cooker at 15 psi for two hours and then let cool over night. After 10 days of sitting in a warm closet in the dark there is no sign of any mycelial growth. I did not separate out the sunflower seeds. I used a syringe with a commercial spore strain. I did not use it all and I've ordered another. What is the best way to proceed? Go to agar then grain?
  Has anyone tried using the vermiculite/brown rice flour mix with azurescens? Is it possible to mix spiral dowels with the PFTEk mix and go from initial injection to wood in one step?

coyoteyogi

Replying to myself. Yes it works with BR cakes. My current revised plan is to go from BR cakes to freshly chipped and sterilized birch and alder. Dishpan or jar? :wub:

psilocybin warrior