Mushroom Music

Started by Deadneck, March 26, 2009, 04:59:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deadneck

Music is a big part of any trip, I wanted to ask everyone what their favorites are while on their journey to the outside realm? It's kind of off the cultivation topic, but still important.

Deadneck

heartx

Could have been in the general topic instead of the pftek one.
But for myself I love classic music when on my trip, there is nothing better for me. And you?

Deadneck

Yeah, sorry about that one. I have been in this forum for the past 4 days doing research and haven't even explored the others. Personally, I enjoy The Mars Volta, Thievery Corporation, Rjd2, & Radiohead is always interesting. Thanks for the reply. I won't fuck up and make more posts like that in the cultivation forum...... my bad.

room408

incubus, chili peppers, dave mathews, beck, daft punk, justice, the doors, pink floyd, led zeppelin.

be specific on the classical.

great post

lostcause1138

psychedelic trance is always a must- try some infected mushroom

heartx

In the classical I have Bach, Beethoven, Chopin, Mozart, Schubert,Tchaikovsky, Vivaldi, Pachebel, I could go on with tons of them=P

Trips509

Have you guys heard of Digital Witchcraft. It is bad ass music. You can download if for free just google them. Oslo Nights is my favorite.

Baphom3t

Most of the music i'm into is not widely acctepted among trippers.

Baph

Deadneck

Baph: Run something by me. I collect music like it's going out of style. I think I have rough 2300 CDs on my hard drive right now. It may not be good for tripping or "accepted" by trippers. But that is a contradiction in itself, only because you trip and you listen to it.

psilocybin warrior

Lost cause is right, I just saw infected mushroom at congress not too long ago! fucking SICK!, give shpongle a try!

PW

fattrout

for me its wildlife, rivers and water falls. as for music it would be solo piano.
fattrout

shroomzer

PINK FLOYD BABY!!   Maybe some Elton John, Billy Joel, Bob Seager(sp?) etc.

anything classic rock =)

crazyd

Yeah, Pink Floyd is my favorite.  OK Computer by Radiohead is pretty sweet too.  I think that I would like some 311 also.  I imagine that John Scofield's albums "Bump" and "A Go Go," and anything by Madeski, Martin, and Wood would be excellent too.

jrfungi

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WIDESPREAD PANIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oak56047

when im trippin i seem to have an insane liking for JIMI HENDRIX!!!!!!!!!
buti also like sound tribe, pink floyd, Rjd2, Lotus, widespread panix is good too

psilocybin warrior

haha yeaaaah sts9, rusted root, i love widespread, the dead, shpongle, infected mushroom, astrix, rahja ram, shit....theres way too much good music out there......go to rothbury!!!

BeaverShroom

Wow thanks for such a fast reply PW!

Deadneck

I'm a big fan of De Facto, Omar Rodriguez-Lopez, John Frusciante (Red Hot Chili Peppers guitarist) solo recordings, Talking Heads, David Bowie will fuck with your head, Steel Pulse is the shit, Bela Fleck w/ or w/o the Flecktones, some old school Afrika Bambaataa,  Gorillaz, Del the Funky Homosapien, The Grey Album by DJ Danger Mouse, Erik Truffaz (Swiss trombonist, fucking awesome, highly recommended). That's all for now.

Peace,
DN

Baphom3t

Quote from: Deadneck on March 27, 2009, 09:59:09 AM
Baph: Run something by me. I collect music like it's going out of style. I think I have rough 2300 CDs on my hard drive right now. It may not be good for tripping or "accepted" by trippers. But that is a contradiction in itself, only because you trip and you listen to it.
Ok you asked for it.
Here are just a few in a long ass list.
Beneath The Massacre
Wedard
Cobalt
Wolves In The Throne Room
Martyrium Christi
Azuth
Cattle Decapitation
Trepalium
Darkspace
Psyopus
Paysage d'Hiver
Myrkr

Man the list can go on and on.
I guess I should mention that I also DJ on a internet radio station.
If anyone is interested in listening and wants to know when my schedule is just leave me a PM and I will get back with you.

Baph

Deadneck

Fuck yeah, I'm always into being exposed to new music. I'm gonna check some of your recommendations. I saw CKY, GWAR, and Cradle of Filth last year, that show was ridiculous! I love any/all kinds of music. Thanks Baph! Yo, let me know what site you DJ for and I'll check it out for sure!

Later,
DN