Dosage and levels _ my experience

Started by coyoteyogi, March 29, 2009, 01:33:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coyoteyogi

So I have just under 17 grams dried and preserved shrooms I cut on Thursday. I took 1.1 gr (no name calling now) by putting them in a cup of peppermint tea and letting them steep for 20 minutes. Then drank the tea and ate the shrooms chewing carefully. So far nothing seems to be happening and it's been two days. :huh: I'm setting up for a proper excursion but I'm trying to get a feel for the right amount. Mind you my last psychedelic experience was 37 years ago so I'm just sticking my toe in the water. A big fan of Terrance but I'm not quite ready for a "heroic" dose.
  But if nothing happens at 1.1 (no sense of enhanced visuals no change of mood or energy) I'm tempted to go to 2 gr. My goal is to have a threshold experience. Then later this month I'll go for the 3-5 gr. I grew pc b+ and harvested a mix of veils broken and just starting to shred.
  Comments or other personal experiences?

fattrout

well, the good thing is you did not get sick. so now its time to just go for it and eat  about 3grs and enjoy the ride..... :mellow:
fattrout

psilocybin warrior

YOU WUSSY! little SALLY RIDER BOY! haha jp. Eat anywhere from a half 8th to an 8th, the more time between trips the better. i'm not a fan of tea for many reasons but I am a fan of terrance and his heroism.

PW

shroomzer

Well I did 4 gr. on eating my first fruits .... had a grrrreat time!  Can't remember what thead i was on but it was during a time that some of us were having a hard time logging in...i posted some pretty ummmmm .. silly stuff!!  Don't be afraid .. like fattrout said ..as long as you ain't been sick they are good and you have no worries... not a fan of tea .. but i have heard they are not as potent in tea ....  try a peanut butter and banana sandwich .... LOL ... :wacko:

lostcause1138

any time there's heat with the dosage (tea, cooking it into pizza, etc.) the potency will seem to diminish greatly- psilocybin is vulnerable to high temps. thats why we eat them, not smoke 'em. btw, i believe terrance's "heroic dose" was 5 grams with an MAOI.

coyoteyogi

:mellow: thanks guys. No more tea. I have heard from someone I've met that chocolate and 'shrooms are a great combo. But I love peanut butter and banana. Chopped fine and eaten on an empty stomach? I am still interested in having a "threshold" experience, not out of fear but out of curiosity. There was an interesting article on Reality Sandwich a couple of weeks ago titled: "http://www.realitysandwich.com/psychedelics_light_yoga_sutras "
and I want to experiment with doing yoga and mild levels of pcs.
  Once it gets a bit warmer and more of the snow melts, I'll do a "proper" dose outside under the stars.

psilocybin warrior

When you eat them with pizza....you don't actually cook them with the pizza, you put them on an already cooked pizza, plus it takes a good amount of heat + air before there is any significant loss in potency. With tea,  heat speeds up oxidation and psilo cant oxidise in water without any air passing thru, thats why you cant boil the water . Ive never tried yoga but ive practiced transendental meditation on lower doses.

PW

shroomzer

Indeed ... you DON'T COOK THEM into the pizza .. LOL .. but then again, live and learn .. heehee .. the pb&b - 1/2 sandwich, cut off the crusts ... yummm yummm~~ ^_^