first attempt going great

Started by kaozmush, March 30, 2009, 06:21:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kaozmush

Hey all. i believe i posted once on this forum about a month ago, ever since then ive changed up my original plan quiet a bit. ive dedicated over 2 months of research mainly online and through video. i Built a kick ass sterilization chamber (innoculation chamber), a sweet incubator, i completely rebuilt a closet to make it a sweet fruiting chamber(82'x43') similar to a martha setup. i must have spent over $500 dollars just on the reusable equipment.and honestly the work was not as easy as videos made it seem, all that mixing, and stirring, the syringe work was probably the worst in that glove box with the constant flame sterilize  in those sweaty gloves that make things impossible to hold. oh yea... i was doing 36 jars. my first time. 12 1/2 pint and 24 1 pint, i stopped after i did 22 jars. couldnt handle the other 14. it got to me MAN!..at about that time i also realized that 22 is probably better to do incase i fucked up. in that case i should have probably done way less then 22 ha. so everything was done.. 22 jars in the incubator.. 4 days later.. all 12 1/2 pint jars were about 60-70% colonized the 10 1 pint jars were just beginning at that time. the second i saw that beautiful mycelium all that hard work i had done .. was well well worth it my friends. thank you for the knowledge fungifun.org, and i will be posting pic of crops when they r complete.

psilocybin warrior

glad to hear it, lol just my humidifiers were like 500$.
Good luck with fruiting you fruitcake

PW

MushieMan

Quoteand i will be posting pic of crops when they r complete.
looking forward to seeing your bounty!
I am the MushieMan.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~This information is erroneous, do not believe anything that i post, i just make stuff up at random trying to be cool.~

tatortot33

Just curious PW, how did you spend that much just on humidifiers?
I'm about to try and start buying all my stuff and stay low budget,
but if so many people seem to succeed with semi low budget equipment,
what's the point of spending that much? I'm sorry if my questions are dumb.
I'm just eager to learn before I make my first attempt.

psilocybin warrior

Read my post in the other thread.

PW