my 1st casings

Started by fattrout, March 31, 2009, 06:13:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baphom3t

"ok now i filled in the holes. sprayed with water, back in F.C... at this point RH should be  90 or 95+"

95 and up.
If water starts to pool on the casings your RH is to high.

Baph

fattrout

cool thanks baph, that what i thought...
fattrout

Azurascender

Gorgeous casings, superb first run!  ^_^
Chloroform and a dish towel, yeah that will keep them quiet....

psilocybin warrior

Oh dang Fattrout I diddn't notice those were your's, GOOD WORK! youve come a looong way but theres still much road to travel

PW

fattrout

thank you PW, since those two i have done a few more.  i am learning a lot from you guys. i know i have a long way to go. so i'm getting ready to move on to grains, and i will start a new thread on that.
fattrout

shroomzer

Yeah me too~! Learning that is .. I copied you fattrout on lots of things, plus reading all the posts.  When people want to help with good advice and I understand it I try it out myself.  I am doing the caseings too .. but for me it seems to be a lot more than I need.  I may not do them very often but I really like this alot.

Ironhead

what mix did you use fattrout? i am now moving to casings.my cakes rocked thanks to u guys,did u find a certen tek to follow?

shroomzer

Fattrout is out of town ... he will get back to you when he is done....

psilocybin warrior

Follow the one on the site a couple times and then take it from there.

PW

fattrout

PW sad it. the only thing i did diffrent is i crumbled the cakes. read this tek too..http://www.shroomery.org/50/Casing-101
fattrout

veda_sticks

Its a cased substrate, not casing. Casing is the act of applyhing a casing layer.

Also, that looks like coir, which would have been better used as a bulk susbtrate, and just fruit incaused. Unless that is what you did, spawn to coir which would then just be a bulk substrate;

veda_sticks

Great work nonetheless. those look good!

also, you cant have to much rh. 99-100% is deal, and you cant get higher than 100% anyway

crazyd

Hey Trout...how many cakes is that in there?  Did you crumble them or just put them in whole?

fattrout

yooo crazyd, i crumbled 2 cakes in the pan. about a 1/2 inch of casing mix on top...   
fattrout

MT

I just used the same method that fattrout has described and can say I am very happy with the results. I harvested 110 grams (wet) on my first flush. Also there were almost no aborts at all. I started three more loaf pans yesterday and am looking forward to similar results.

coyoteyogi

Hey MT post some pics. -_-

MT

Sorry to say that I do not have the capability to post pics.