CAN'T GET RH ABOVE 90!!! Please help!!!

Started by crazyd, April 05, 2009, 01:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazyd

Hey guys...I've tried all kinds of varietions of the following pics to get my RH above 90 and I just can't do it.  In the picture, the clear tube in the left corner is an air tube connected to two rock bublers beneath the hydroton.  The cup in the center goes all the way down to the bottom of the chamber, but has holes in it to keep water in it, and there is an ultrasonic fogger in there.  The right white wire is just my temp gauge.  These are all in a rubbermaid type container with a plexiglass lid.  I've tried putting holes in the lid, covering the holes in the lid, just using the fogger, only using the bubblers, wiping all the moisture off the sides...everything I can think of and I can't get the damn RH above 90...do you think my humidity gauge is bad?  I mean the chamber is being contantly filled with fresh air, bubbled through water, mist from the fogger, temp is good...what am I doing wrong????
Thanks!!!!!!!

fattrout

crazyd, that gauge could be off a bit. you need to test it. PW know a good way to do that. i forgot how. next time by a digital. everthing looks good tho...
fattrout

crazyd

allright...cool...I just checked it again and it looked like it was creeping upwards of 90.  I don't have any holes in the container now except for a little space where the hoses and wires enter.  I figure the air probably exits through those 2 spots and through where the plexiglass sits on the container.  There is plenty of air getting in, so it must be getting out somewhere.

fattrout

btw, do you have holes around the bottom of the chamber. thats how the bad air
escapes. i thing by looking at that pic your RH is good..
fattrout

fattrout

co2 hangs at the bottom. so you need to push it out through bottom holes.. the holes need to be just above your geolite.. i have two 1/4 inch on each side....
fattrout

crazyd

Okay...no...I don't have holes at the bottom...I'll drill a few in right now...thanks!