just finished first batch

Started by Fun Guy, April 01, 2009, 06:40:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fun Guy

just got done innoculating my first batch.  7 brf cake b+ and 5 gulfcoast.  followed pf tek as close to the letter as possible.  Dont think i missed anything.  wish me luck im super stoked, got a camping trip first of june, hoping to surprise everyone with my crop!! -_- :ph34r:

coyoteyogi

:mellow: The secret ingredient to the pftek success is patience. With the first inoc it's really difficult to let the spores do their thing in the dark. I've had good luck so far and it is a fairly forgiving protocol. Keep your hands clean and don't check on progress more than every 3-4 days during the mycelium growth stage. Good luck and take pics.

heartx

In the begining I was checking everyday for the progress and it was ok. Only if it's a couple of minutes 2-3. You should be okay for june, 2 months is enough if everything goes well.

fattrout

good luck, yes pics... time wise your cutting it close. you may only have a enouth for your self...lol -_-
fattrout

Fun Guy

so i made it almost 48 hours before i checked the first time lol.  no growth yet dammit.

Fun Guy

4 days in.  mycelium growth in at least 3 out of 4 inoc. spots on all 12 jars.  houston we have a go.

coyoteyogi

good job. It can take a couple of weeks for the cakes to become completely colonized. It depends on temperatures. It's all listed in the tek. Pics when you think they are ready.