Looking for a second opinion.......

Started by Dominican, April 02, 2009, 03:03:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dominican

Well here it is ...I have tried the PF Tec and had good success..so I decided to try the pre-sterilized bag.
I noticed that the mycelium had slowed in growth.
The bags have taken to the mycelium well it looks like.

-----------------------------------------------Variables---------------------------------------

Type - Cambodian
Week since inoculation - 3
Growing median - Pre sterilized rye grain bags with injection port
Temp – 82-86 deg.
Fruiting camber is 2 tuber ware containers ( 19''X38") in side of each other with  2 -100 watt submersible aquarium heaters in the bottom.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Q-Should I break up the mass of mycelium  inside the bag or should I let it be and let it colonize the rest it self.
Q-Will breaking the mass up hurt the growth or destroy the work I have started...
Q-Does the rye grain have to be COMPLETELY covered and bright white before you can CASE it.(reason I ask is I watched an on line vid that showed them using a culture that didn't look completely white, that still had a conciderable amount of brown in it.)

Thank you FOR ANY RESOLVE.
~Dominican~

MushieMan

QuoteQ-Should I break up the mass of mycelium  inside the bag or should I let it be and let it colonize the rest it self.
Q-Will breaking the mass up hurt the growth or destroy the work I have started...
Q-Does the rye grain have to be COMPLETELY covered and bright white before you can CASE it.(reason I ask is I watched an on line vid that showed them using a culture that didn't look completely white, that still had a conciderable amount of brown in it.)

~yep, shake it up to spread it around.
~shaking it up will cause a few days of recoup, but afterward it will take off.
~it doesn't have to be completely homogenius, i would wait until it is 75%+ though.

I am the MushieMan.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~This information is erroneous, do not believe anything that i post, i just make stuff up at random trying to be cool.~