Cambo Here We Go

Started by Deadneck, April 03, 2009, 04:13:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deadneck

So I was out of town for two days over the weekend and I came home to find this......

The first two are in the same jar

Different Jar

What does this mean and what should I do? The jars aren't 100% colonized yet, please help!

Thanks,
DN

fattrout

WOW, thats never happen to me..but that means those suckers are pinin in the jar. i would birth those suckers. BTW those jar look colonized to me.. have these jars been exposed to lite? thats the only thing i can think of...
fattrout

Deadneck

I was kind of shocked too. The only light they are exposed to is when I peek in on them. I keep the incubation chamber covered with a black towel. It's been 24 days since inoculation, so they may be ready to go. Here goes nothing......

fattrout

24 days, your ready. go for it...........
fattrout

fattrout

oh, BTW don't forget to dunk and roll..
fattrout

Deadneck

Thanks Fatt, I'm going for it tomorrow morning. I have my checklist of things to do to make sure I am successful. Thanks for the help.

Peace,
Deadneck

psilocybin warrior

I would pick those off if your planning on a dunk n roll.

PW

Deadneck

QuoteI would pick those off if you're planning on a dunk n roll

Hey PW, I didn't get your post until after I dunked and rolled my cakes (12 hrs), so the pins didn't get picked off. The big ones in the pics (above) are the biggest and healthiest ones in the chamber (no signs of contams anywhere).

I am about to dunk and roll a few more colonized cakes with pins showing. Why is it recommended to pick off the pins before hand?

Thanks man,
Deadneck

Baphom3t

I've dunked and rolled with a few small ones one before with no ill effect.
They will be bruised more so than the others but thats about it.

Baph

Deadneck

Can someone tell me if this is contaminated or just brusing?

Also another pic of a cake.

Deadneck

Well, I did the Q-tip test and nothing came off, so I'm going to leave everything the way it is. I'm still up for comments/suggestions on the pic.

Peace,
DN

fattrout

just  brusing, your lookin goooood...
fattrout

psilocybin warrior

Don't get me wrong so have I baph, but ive found when they start from scratch after a dunk they get some fatter asses.

PW

Deadneck

Here are the mushies before I harvest them. One cake is full of them. I'm stoked! Too bad my girlfriends parents are coming into town this afternoon for the weekend.....FML

Fuck yeah!

shroomzer

Good for you DN~! Look yummy .. just pick and dry and eat 'em up next weekend~!

psilocybin warrior

Very Nice! Make some tea for the parentals! haha

PW

Sporetica

Hey, quick question. What gauge are you using for therm/hum? Roughly how much was it and where can I pick one up? I have tried 3 different ones now and they have all either sucked or shitted out on me.. :(
<3
*~Alea~*

Deadneck

QuoteWhat gauge are you using for therm/hum?

The name on it is "Taylor"

QuoteRoughly how much was it and where can I pick one up?

I think I paid around $12 and I got it at an "Ace Hardware"

But, I am currently testing it for accuracy and I think it may be off by 10% on humidity (on the low side). This is checked by putting it in an airtight container with a bottle cap full of salt and letting it sit for 3-4 hours, it should read 75% humidity. If it's off, then adjust accordingly. I may switch to a non-digital hygrometer if it doesn't work out.

QuoteVery Nice! Make some tea for the parentals! haha

PW

Her parents may be the type that would enjoy that sort of surprise, but I'm not going to test my limits quite yet...... Plus I want them for myself.

Later guys/gals,
Deadneck

shroomzer

""Her parents may be the type that would enjoy that sort of surprise, but I'm not going to test my limits quite yet...... Plus I want them for myself.""

Haha ... yeah I'm kinda stingy in that way too~!!  have fun when you do get to trippin'~!!!

Deadneck

Quotehave fun when you do get to trippin'~!!!

I can't wait, I told my girlfriend I'd wait to trip with her, but she's going out of town next week from Tues - Saturday night. So one week from tonight and I'll be trippin' balls. Hopefully I'll have more mushies by then.

Peace,
Deadneck