substrate colonization

Started by oak56047, April 03, 2009, 04:15:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oak56047

Hey i was wondering if you could grow mush at room temperature, i find it hard to find a warm spot in my house

Alos, if you guys have any tips about how i could keep them warm, that would be good too.

shroomzer

Your room temp. should be fine.  I've had temp. flucutation from 66-80 degree with not problems.  But idealy you want to incubate your jars  (if your are doing cakes) at 80 degrees and birthing and fruiting at 72-76 is ideal.

Tips on keeping them warm..build an inucbator, there are many teks on this and you should be able to find something.

psilocybin warrior

Buy a heater, its better to maintain a constant temperature rather than fluctuations.

PW

Azurascender

I have heard of "poor man's incubators" being made out of foam coolers and heating pads with a sheet between the jars and pad. I don't necessarily agree with the method but in conditions of low funding you will be surprised how ingenious some people can be when they want their project to succeed. I have had some pretty unconventional setups in my time growing.
Chloroform and a dish towel, yeah that will keep them quiet....

shroomzer

This is how easy and cheap it is to make an incubator .....
First get two buckets (mine are 3 1/2 gal buckets, dark color).  Fish tank aquarium heater and an air thermometer.  Put the fish tank heater on the bottom of the first bucket, add 4-6 inches of water (depending on the size of the bucket you are using), put second bucket into the first bucket .. throw your jars in, put lid on.
I have had up to 10 jars in these buckets but I have 'tested' it to see how many it would hold and it will hold up to 21 jars. Picture below ......

MT

Damn Shroomzer that looks exactly like the incubation set up that I have (even the same temp. gage). I have twenty half pint jars in mine right now.

shroomzer

Well MT ... they say great minds think alike....=)~