why isnt there any mycelium?

Started by itscrazytime, April 05, 2009, 07:18:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

itscrazytime

Ok well i just bought a grow kit and it is a really basic one. we mixed the spore with the rye and its been sitting in my closet for over a week now. it gets plenty of air. according to the directions thats all we have to do is just let it sit and everything will take off. well the only problem is like i said its been over a week and we cant see any mycelium or w/e its called. idk if its humid enough or something cuz there is no moisture in the bag...so how do i fix it cuz im pretty agitated about this whole thing cuz i know i should see something already.

fattrout

where did you by your kit and spores? when i started this hobby i tried kits and they did not work.. the best thing to do is read all the info. on this site. and build your own equip. and make your own sub...
fattrout

psilocybin warrior

When your colonizing grains you don't have to worry about humidity or FAE, leave them in the dark with temps between76-86. Don't waste ur money on kits anymore there a fucking ripoff 95% of the time. And if you used regular spores don't be suprised if u don't see growth the first week.

PW

itscrazytime

are u serious?...thats fuckin gay lmao. well me and 3 of my friends split the cost so its really not that big of a deal but thats still really annoying. we are all new to shrooms so we didnt no. how much would it cost to get a good homemade grow setup started and wut exactly would we need

fattrout

start by reading this... http://www.fungifun.org/English/Pftek  this will get you going. i would read all the teks on this site. then decide what one you want to use.
as for cost, at 1st you can get way pretty cheep under $100 will get you going.   
fattrout

itscrazytime

lol well thats cheaper then the grow kit that didnt even work...damnt. how long total does it take for them to grow? cuz im leaving at the end of june. would they be done by then if i started them this month?

fattrout

well, that all depends on a lot of things. but anywhere from 4 to 8 weeks....when i 1st got started it took 3 months. now i have it down to about 4 weeks. start to 1st flush. but that took a lot of practice...
fattrout

itscrazytime

hmmm shit that causes a problem. i guess i will just show my friends that website and ill let them do it then i can do it on my own later

fun guy bplus

just did the same kit myself. homestead kit i assume. mine took 4 ever to grow myc. about a month to fully inoculate the rye berries and another month for the kowanite to fully fuzz up then another month be4 first flush was ready. meanwhile i pulled 5 diffrent bins, about a haf lbs. to a lbs. in the time that one little bag took to pull an ounce. they r great for small one time set ups, but if u want to do even enough to save sum or "give" to your friends and acquaintances you should try getting sum grain and filter bags or mason jars and a few big storage bins and order sum horse dung or sumthing like that and start your own bin and pump out sum fungi. way faster than the bag kits. good luck. if u were sterile, which its hard not 2 b with the first few steps of the kit and u r sterile wen u put u grain in the bag o compost you should be all set within a cupl months. my strain was thai squid heads and sum got too big for the bag ang split and got a hefty amount of aborts out of the first flush. will keep u posted on further flushes if u like. ..-funguy bplus