Pressure cooker first run issues

Started by BeaverShroom, April 06, 2009, 11:06:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BeaverShroom

So my first run at sterilizing my jars didn't go so hot, or actually went way to hot lol. It is my first time using a PC and the pot ran dry in the middle of the sterilization. This is an easy fix I know, however I do have a few questions.

1) The substrate burned on the side that was directly facing the wall of the PC. Was this just because it ran dry, and if so will more water keep the substrate from burning? And

2) The jars that were on the inside and weren't in close proximity seemed a bit browned when I took them out. I went ahead and inoculated them just for the heck of it, is this just a waste? Also (last question sorry lol)

3) 4 of the jars now have some dark burn marks on them that appear to be just cosmetic, do you think I could use them again or just pitch them?

Sorry for all the newbie questions but I have been reading up on this for a few months and didn't think that my first hitch would be in this step...

fattrout

well, i would start over. thos jars you already inoculated wait and see what happens. and the burnt jars you can try to clean and reuse.. make sure you have plenty of water in your PC... lol
fattrout

psilocybin warrior

I dunno how you fucked that one up.  Fill your PC half an inch above the riser with water, turn heat on high until 15psi is reached then drop the heat, cook for 1 hour and thats it....

PW