first flush... wow

Started by jabwemet, April 07, 2009, 06:53:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jabwemet

check these out... much better than I was expecting considering that the jars weren't even fully colonized.  This is exactly one week after birth.

and the big one...

the big one had a piece of verm stuck to the top of the cap and the cap split yesterday.  oh well.

A couple veils have broken in those clusters.  Should I harvest the whole cluster now or wait for a couple more veils to break?

thanks again.
...absolute elsewhere in the stones of your mind...

Fun Guy

Baphom3t

"A couple veils have broken in those clusters.  Should I harvest the whole cluster now or wait for a couple more veils to break?"

I personally wait till the caps open.
Congrats on a nice grow.

Baph

coyoteyogi

I think they like you... Handsome little guys. great job. You want fries with that?

jabwemet

now i just have to decide what to grow next.  burma?  GT? 

if only growing pot could be this innocuous.

cugak

How much time do you use light and how much time dark?
share international

jabwemet

I just keep the blinds up in that room, no artificial light.

fattrout

man thos are bautiful congrats... :mellow:
fattrout

tatortot33

Ya, wow! Those look delicious!
I'm going to try and grow soon, I'm hoping they come out that wonderful.
Congrats!

jabwemet

thank you, thank you.

I'm drying them on a plate in front of a space heater (not too close)... no problem?  I have some of those dessicant packs from used pill jars but I'm guessing that those probably don't work too well since they've already had a lifespan working for the pills.  If they are still good, can I just put the mushies in a ziplock with dessicant packs inside and sit em in the fridge?

shroomzer

Dayum .... great loooking and yummmmy!!!  Good job!!

crazyd

I am EXTREMELY jealous!!!!  My first attempts have been poor at best.

shroomzer

I went to Bed bath and beyond .. and bought a food dehydrator.  It was about 30 bucks .. others here have them too.  Seems to be the easiest and most convienient way for me to dry.  Make sure if you do get a dehydrator that it has adjustable temp. from 95-150 and keep it on the lowest setting.  Depending on the sizes of your flush, they dry in about 12 hours.

MT

I start out drying mine under a fan for about 24 hrs. and finish them out ( cracker dry ) in a dehydrator for about five hours.

durazno

Can you post some pictures of the fruiting chamber from above/sides? It looks so good and humid in there. what humidification technique are u using?

lostcause1138

careful drying them in front of a space heater (heat destroys psilocybin). maybe in front of a fan instead. i use the dessicant method myself. the ones from pills are probably too small. they sell much bigger ones at target, walmart, etc. fridge 'em after they're dry.

jabwemet

i humidify with about 3-4 inches of perlite with lots of water... I didn't realize until I scraped some perlite off the top but my water level is almost right up to the top of the perlite.  The FC is covered with a clear plastic sheet, the kind you use to cover the floor when you paint.  The sheet is big so I tuck it under the bottom of the FC except on one side
(the side where my HEPA filter sits).

cugak

I also use perlite. So youve got almost all of perlite under water? Water is floating almost to the top of perlite?
share international

psilocybin warrior

um....drain it. You shouldn't have any build up of water in your perlite.

pw

OutThisLife

2 cakes? Similar flush? GJ!