tolerance reduction?

Started by lostcause1138, April 07, 2009, 09:38:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lostcause1138

is there any way to reduce my tolerance (besides just waiting it out)? i had a particularly good trip recently because i waited almost 6 weeks since my last one, but i dont want to have to wait that long before i dose again.....

shroomzer

Well I've noticed that the longer between my trips the better and no need to take any larger amount to have that good trip again.  But then again I use a very mellow strain because I can't tolerate the peaks and valleys of the more potent strains. 
I am sure others have their own suggestions about times between trippin' ... but everyother week or so works well for me with what I have.

psilocybin warrior

Depends on a lot of personal biological factors, amt. of exercise, BMI, metabolic process, what you eat, how much you eat, how fast your body reproduces chemicals. Google it!

PW

lostcause1138

i realize those are all factors, and the more i trip the more i realize how huge the time factor is- i was hoping there was a way to speed it up dramatically, so if i want i can have a trip a week or two since my last one, but have it feel like it's been a couple months. def google in the mean time. thx, pw

Baphom3t

In short, the answer to " I was hoping there was a way to speed it up dramatically" , is NO.

You have 2 choices in this situation.
1. Wait for tolerance to naturally drop accordingly or,
2. Eat more in each sitting.

Baph

psilocybin warrior

OR, eat an MAOI inhibitor, google it!

PW

fattrout

in the interest of science, lol.. i did a study for the last 5 weekends. i ate 3 grams every friday nite. i noticed no need to up the dose.. all tho each time i used a diffrent strain. i guess i'll have to keep the study going...hahaha -_-
fattrout

Azurascender

And to pre-answer this FAQ, no you cannot eat the same amount of a different strain and expect different results unless this other strain contains higher alkaloidal content then the one you are ingesting. This is because all of the psilocybe strains contain the same chemical compounds that make you "trip" but in different ratios. This is unlike marijuana, which can be smoked or ingested, and when you gain tolerance can be replaced by another strain to experience full effects again. Unfortunately for the shroomers, your only option is to wait and or take a higher quantity.
Chloroform and a dish towel, yeah that will keep them quiet....

psilocybin warrior

Did anyone even ask that?

PW

shroomzer

I think I missed something here!

Azurascender

-Did anyone even ask that?

PW

No sir, "pre-answering an FAQ" was what I said, not answering an asked question.  :wub:

lostcause1138

Azurascender, you cannot experience the "full" effects of low tolerance with ganja simply by switching strains when your tolerance is high. i wish that was true...

Azurascender

My friend, read Cannabible dos, I think it's the red one. The chapter about "the enemy tolerance" setting in, switch up your smoke, it works for me. Then again, I guess all people react differently.