Favorite strains and why

Started by coyoteyogi, April 11, 2009, 06:30:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coyoteyogi

Hello everyone. I am a newbie and am returning to using psychedelics after a many year hiatus. I've successfully grown and harvested about 70 dry grams of B+. I wanted to experiment around with low doses before doing a full dose in a wild and beautiful place in nature. There is still a lot of snow in the mountains and the lakes have not completely iced out yet_ long winter in this part of the North east.
  My experience: 1st tried 1 gram and felt nothing. 5 days later 2.0 grams and did have a threshold experience: not hallucinations but a definite sense that I had altered my consciousness. Two days ago did 2.25 grams and it qualified as a trip to me, strong visuals and a distorted sense of amusement. I went for a walk and many of the trees were leaning in one direction from the ice storms we had this winter. I said aloud to myself " Trees can't vote with their feet." This struck me as the most hilarious factual statement of all time. So the dosage seems to be exponential rather than linear as the difference between 2 and 2.25 was large. I will use 3g when I do "the real thing".
  My questions are what strains are people's favorites on this board? I've got a syringe of malabars and azurescens. The azzies are a long term project. Anyone had experiences with malabars that they can share? Mazatapecs are referred to as being {visual} what are other qualities of other strains. Faves and pans please. :mellow:

fattrout

""My questions are what strains are people's favorites on this board?""

it all depends on your mood, i have worked with 7 strains in the past 6 months.
so when i'm in the mood for a very intense trip, i'll eat some tazmanians. when i'm in the mood to be mellow i will eat some plantasias. 
fattrout

Deadneck

My favorite will be the ones that grow in my FC, which will just happen to be Cambodians.

fattrout

i have some Cambodians in the FC right now. should be fruiting 2 to 3 days. this is my 1st time doing cam's. and man thay moved very fast about 26 days..
fattrout

Deadneck

Quoteman thay moved very fast about 26 days.

That makes me very happy, b/c this is my first grow and I want to trip now.

coyoteyogi

Thanks for the replies. I do realize that this is an extremely subjective area i.e. what strains produce what states etc. But I'm also convinced that given relatively similar set and settings there are differences in the various strains of shrooms. So I invite everyone who has done two or more varieties to contrast and compare them for the rest of us here. So far, I've only done a couple of modest doses of B+. Has anyone experience with Malabar?
  Thanks

cugak

Ive tryed some hawaii and they are great. Very visional.
share international

fattrout

if you want to spend the nite laughing your ass off, try some T.C.s.. i ate a shit load back in feb.. no vision's but i was on the floor all nite. laughed so hard my face hurt for 2 day...
fattrout

coyoteyogi

-_-Thanks Fattrout that's exactly what I want to know.

heartx

What are the best strains to have vision?

coyoteyogi

:mellow:
So far from my reading and what people have replied:
great visuals:
mazatapec
Tasmanian
Penis Envies
What else belongs on this list?