need help on identifying stuff

Started by oak56047, April 08, 2009, 12:39:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oak56047

yea, so i need to make sure if what i'm growing in my jars is actually shrooms. I tried to load up some pictures but i dont have the cable nor thne batteries ( yes i know i fail =(  }   the mycelium was first a "dense white foggy" color, then turned completely white after wards. It was not white to begin with. Now you  may ask, why do you need to know if it is the right kind if you got proper spores?
well, its a long story and im only going to explain if someone asks me to
So could yall give me tips to help identify and/ or link me pics of a colonizing jar?

Baphom3t

"well, its a long story and im only going to explain if someone asks me to"

Well you better get to explaining.

If you got the spores from a reputable vendor you have nothing to worry about.

To know what you have you will have to look at the spores under a microscope.
And then learn the botanical keys of the spores of said species.
Learning the keys can take quite a bit of time.

Baph

oak56047

yea, so when i bought my last batch of mushrooms, i wasnt as well read as i should have been.  they were dried and i tried to get spores out of them. it didnt work. so i just put the mushrooms in the substrate. Then i learned about the agar method. i desparetly took out the shrooms 4-5 days after i put them in the jar. i put them on the agar plate and tried to culture them. Then i took the stuff that i cultureed and got in to a syringe and so on....

Fun Guy

wow sounds like a monkey fucking a football. lol. i can help u with the pictures though.  just take a picture with your cell phone and email it yourself. then download it to your computer and use at will.  if you dont have a nice phone find anyone with a blackberry.

oak56047

Baphom3t

Quote from: oak56047 on April 08, 2009, 12:53:56 PM
yea, so when i bought my last batch of mushrooms, i wasnt as well read as i should have been.  they were dried and i tried to get spores out of them. it didnt work. so i just put the mushrooms in the substrate. Then i learned about the agar method. i desparetly took out the shrooms 4-5 days after i put them in the jar. i put them on the agar plate and tried to culture them. Then i took the stuff that i cultureed and got in to a syringe and so on....

From that post right there I can tell you don't have mycellium or any mushrooms.
Buy some damn spores and read the PF TEK HERE.
Without a way to show pics of your situation , you will not be able to get any help any where.

Baph

psilocybin warrior

haha yeah. So...you really thought you could put a mushroom into a substrate and it would grow like a plant?...Then took it out later and put it onto an agar plate? and it grew myclium? doubtful.

PW

Azurascender

"yea, so when i bought my last batch of mushrooms, i wasnt as well read as i should have been.  they were dried and i tried to get spores out of them. it didnt work. so i just put the mushrooms in the substrate. Then i learned about the agar method. i desparetly took out the shrooms 4-5 days after i put them in the jar. i put them on the agar plate and tried to culture them. Then i took the stuff that i cultureed and got in to a syringe and so on...."

Silly goose, you didn't do anything right.... What's the purpose of buying substrate materials, agar and agar plates, and syringes if you aren't going to do it right? For some reason I think you pulled that paragraph out of your kiester  :rolleyes:.......
Chloroform and a dish towel, yeah that will keep them quiet....