fanning my fc

Started by heartx, April 15, 2009, 09:53:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

heartx

I'm beginning to be a little lazy and I was trying to figure a way to fan my fc without doing it myself 4-6 times a day and without using an aquarium air pump because I use perlite. So I thought about using PC fan it's cheap and it would fit right where I want. The problem is I'm not an electrician and I don't know how to connect it in the wall. I have problem finding tutorial about how to do it on the net. And I want to connect more than one pc fan, 2 for now but 6 in not long. So using a cell phone charger won't be good for this unless I use 6 chargers I think... Have somebody done this before that could help me or have a good tutorial about how to do it? Would be really appreciated.

k12357

Use a power supply.  it plugs into the wall and usually has threaded nuts where you hook up anything you want to run on dc current.  Ive never done this before with pc fans but have with car audio equipment.  you could probably get one at radio shack or a store like that. 
"We're sorta like 7-Eleven. We're not always doing business, but we're always open."

k12357

On another note why not just turn it into a shotgun FC?  And why don't you want to use a air pump with perlite?  Those would be your easiest and cheapest ways to accomplish what your trying to do.
"We're sorta like 7-Eleven. We're not always doing business, but we're always open."

heartx

With a shotgun FC I read that even if there is hole in the container you have to fan 2 times a day because the holes don't bring enough fresh air. And for the air pump with perlite forget it, I don't know why I wrote that=P
It think I'll make the poor man's pod would be easier, but can I connect more than one FC to an aquarium air pump? I suppose it depend on much I pay for it, because If it's one for one, I would need 3..

Azurascender

Haha, quit being lazy, if yer around, take care of your babies!  :angry:
Chloroform and a dish towel, yeah that will keep them quiet....