New pics, new questions

Started by crazyd, April 16, 2009, 04:49:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazyd

Can you guys help me understand what is going on with these tiny shrooms?  They look like they might actually become something, but they have been exactly this size for probably 2 weeks...are they aborts?  FAE and RH are all fine. Should I just pick them off, dunk and roll again, or wait some more?

Thanks!

Azurascender

Patience, I have had some stalled cakes myself, the only thing you can do is sit and wait. They don't appear blackened like aborts would. What is your fruiting temp at? Maybe it's too high. 72-76 degrees is what I usually fruit at. Keep high humidity and some indirect light...
Looking good though otherwise. There might be nothing at all wrong.... ^_^
Chloroform and a dish towel, yeah that will keep them quiet....

crazyd

They are actually darker (more blackened) than they appear in the pictures.  And if you just touch one, it will fall right off the cake.  Not sure what that means, but maybe you're right and I should just wait.  Thanks.  Oh, and temp has been around 72.

Azurascender

You say RH is fine? 95+? Hmmmm, are you making sure to give them lots of fresh air as well, fanning them out regularly to make sure there is no CO2 build up inside the chamber? That's a biggie... Try warming it up a little as well, I have found that some strains are more resilient than others when it comes to temp, opt for 76-78.
Chloroform and a dish towel, yeah that will keep them quiet....

psilocybin warrior

Some of those don't even look like they will grow anymore than they have, how long ago did you dunk that cake? if it were me I would pick them off with cleaned tweazers and roll em in verm.

PW

crazyd

Thanks guys.  Yeah, I just got home from work and basically lightly hand scrubbed the whole cake and am dunking it again now.  I will roll it tonight (not dunk very long), because I'm quite sure it is not dehydrated at all.  Cake was dunked at least a month ago I believe.

psilocybin warrior

No need to dunk, cake looks saturated enough as is. What are you scrubbing your cakes for?

PW

crazyd

It is just blue and crappy looking in places and was taking anything that looked funky off.  I'm new to this, so that might not be the right thing to do...
My FC has an electrosonic fogger in it, so the cakes are essentially enveloped in fog all day.  I take the lid off twice a day so they can get some direct light from the lightbulbs.  As far as fanning goes, there is air pumped in from under the hydroton and it is going out through holes on both sides of the chamber, just above the top of the hydroton.

MT

That sounds like way too much humidity coming from your ultrasonic. I have an indoor green house with an ultrasonic attached to it that I only have to turn on for ten or fifteen minutes, two or three times a day, depending on the ambient climate where I am located.