Incubation.........Question

Started by NB311, April 19, 2009, 04:17:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NB311

They do smell bad :angry:
I'm going to start all over, but I can't think of anything I can do better
So I have a few questions:
Is it ok to store spores in fridge before inoculation?
is spores101 a reliable source for spores?
Honestly those are the only 2 things i can think of that went wrong :huh:
I was sterile as hell

Thanks again for all your help!!! it is much appreciated!!!

fattrout

i don't know about spores101. http://www.ralphstersspores.com/ this is the shit, ralphsters is very reliable. as for why it just happens, you can be as sterile as hell
and from time to time contams will still find there way in.. i just store my spores in my closet, in a Ziploc bag put into a small box. some times 2 to 3 months. you just have to start over. it happens to all of as..
fattrout

coyoteyogi

I've had good luck with Earthstongue. They give you 20cc syringes so you can inoc more jars. I think ET changed hands a couple of years ago. It had a bad rap for awhile, my experience has been good. Bummer to get contammed like that. Good luck with the next batch.

heartx

did you shake your syringes before inoculating, alot of people forget to sometimes. And for the fridge, I think I read somewhere that you have to wait that they get to room temperature before inoculating, but I'm not sure at 100%.

NB311

Yeah I did shake the syringes, I was thinking the fridge thing might have been my down fall...oh well fingers crossed for next batch -_-
Thanks!!!

shroomzer

I went though a lot of thowing stuff out too NB... no worries .. just start over and pray to the mushroom gods for good fortune .. =)  Good Luck~!!

heartx

Most of the time the mushrooms god will hear your prayers=P

Trips509

If you did PFtek it doesn't look like you have a dry verm layer in your jars. This acts as a blocker to help prevent contaminates. Does it look like there is no dry verm layer on the top to anyone else?

heartx

after 2+ weeks the dry layer isn't dry anymore.

Cameltom

to much water if thats the case
or add more dry verm

NB311