grain question..

Started by fattrout, April 23, 2009, 04:15:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

psilocybin warrior

ok areallyfunguy, go to the store and get enough of all of that so it adds up to 20lbs for under 10$.

PW

areallyfunguy

Don't rule out adding some potato to the grain mix either, a very economic and available ingrediant too. Either cook and mash them first or go with the instant buds. I know of a one who has done this for years. Tra-La - La I see they saw.

areallyfunguy

If economics and volume is what we are talking about,.. You may find this interesting. I am looking at my invoice for 100lbs of corn fine ground to my specs for 13.50 total. Yes just thirteen dollars and fifty cents for 100 lbs of corn meal. Now that is hard to beat.

psilocybin warrior

I thought we were going to a grocery store for wheat, barley, and or oats mixed with corn? 100lbs of corn meal is hard to use in this hobby and totally not what we were talking about, thou I am a farmer can you give me the company name because 13.50 is hard to beat.

PW

areallyfunguy

The farm outlet store is in a town a few miles away. Logistically it may not be feasible for you to get that pricing. I am fortunate enough to be in an area where much grain is produced. Also it seems the closer the feed and seed stores are to a larger city,... the higher the price becomes. Earlier when I mentioned the grocery store as a source for grains, it was with a view to someone who need a certain amount just to get started. I have friends and neighbors who farm to so I am always able to get corn at its' base market price.

jrfungi

watch out for pesticides!!! Round Up sucks too....

fattrout

check it out, its been about 2 weeks..this is the popcorn. the one on the left i just shook up, the on the right i shook after the pic..

man i just found out wedsday i have to go out of town for 5 days. i'm sure the popcorn jars will be o.k... but i have 2 casing that just started to pin. i hope they will be ready to pick before i go. if not maybe i can talk shroomzer in to check on them for me..lol
fattrout

shroomzer

Sure thing, I'll check em' for ya .. but I won't guarantee I won't help myself .. ya know just for taking care of them for ya! =)

fattrout

ok 4 days ago i cased those jars. and did a transfer to new jars. i checked today and the casing is already showing  signs of growth. the jars are almost 1/2 way colonized. i will put up pics soon..
fattrout

fattrout

here are some pics..

i did this pop corn transfer a week ago.

this is pop corn i cased a week ago. i just move it to the FC.. hopefully we will see pins soon....
fattrout

fattrout

man i'm a little bummed. that corn has been in a casing for 2 weeks and is just now starting to pin. they look like they are goin to be big. but theres not very many. i will put up pics soon...
fattrout

fattrout

i put these in the F.C. on 5/29. this is the 1st flush on popcorn. :huh:

i guess i need to make some changes to that popcorn tek...
fattrout

fattrout

heres some pics of my 1st flush on that popcorn. it was about 60 Gs.. so im hopping as i make some changes to the tek it will get better..

fattrout

fattrout

wow, i am very happy my 2nd flush on that popcorn casing was 200 gs wet. now i have a 3rd flush starting to pin and it looks like it will be as big as the 2nd.. I'm to lazy to put up pics tonite. will do so soon. I'm goin to do one more casing with 2 qts of popcorn. then just for JR i'm goin to try a tub.. :ph34r:
fattrout

coyoteyogi

Very impressive. I've had no luck with grains yet. (that is I keep making mistakes only some of which I'm aware of) My biggest mistake has been that the grains were too wet when I inoculated them.
  Great job.

fattrout

ok heres some more pics, this is the 3rd flush. that casing was only 1 pint of popcorn and it just keeps flushing.
fattrout

fattrout

here the 4th flush on that popcorn tek i tryed. i think it s a damn good tek. i have made some adjustments to it. but all in all i give popcorn a 10!!!! its so easy to work with.
fattrout

fattrout

BTW, i have taken about 380 Gs wet so far. that was 1 pint of popcorn. in a 6x3x4 pan, cased in a layer of 60/40 peat/verm...
fattrout

malabar

Fattrout,
  Very Impressive,....!   :mellow:
    I have been using brown rice, or rye, mixed with millet for years.  You have motivated me to give the popcorn a shot. 
  I'll let you know the progress shortly.
    Peace.
        :ph34r:
My Kung Fu may suck,.....  But, my Shrooms Kick Ass!

coyoteyogi

Very Inspiring. I just inocced up 6 pints. 3 with Storm Chasers and 3 with PE. Last time I tried popcorn was with an LC. I screwed up and got a contaminated jar with each different LC. This time I made damn sure that the Popcorn wasn't too wet. Wish me luck. If it matures I'll post pics.