My Shotgun FC

Started by Deadneck, May 01, 2009, 12:07:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deadneck

What's up everyone?

So my cakes are in my shotgun FC and I started out with 90% RH and it's been as high as 94%. I taped up all my holes like I read in a different thread (Shotgun FC not a Reality?). I didn't want to hijack that thread so I started this one.

Today my RH dropped down in the 87% - 89% RH. I have rewet the perlite and put my cakes on smaller pieces of tin foil to maximize the surface area. I also taped the lid on tight. Is there anything you guys would recommend doing in addition to these few things to get my RH up?

Big thanks,
Deadneck

psilocybin warrior

cover more holes, but leave the ones closest to the perlite uncovered. try and visualize a good circulation pattern when ur covering holes.

PW

Deadneck

Will do. Thanks man, you're always on top on things.

Deadneck

psilocybin warrior

Np, wouldnt be a warrior if i wasnt.

PW

Fun Guy

I had much better luck with no holes on bottom and like and inch or so of standing water on bottom of perlite.  but i have since gotten a tropic air and tetra air pump with two bubble wands under the water. spent like sixty but know I have no worries.

Deadneck

Fun Guy:

I'm on the low end of money right now and can't put too much into this right now (unfortunately). Hopefully soon I can give the mushies the environment they deserve.

I have taped up all the holes except the ones closest to the perlite and I untaped all the holes on the bottom too. My humidity is still at 87%. I added another inch of perlite too since my last post. Also, three of the caps on the bigger mushrooms have opened up and I will probably harvest them tomorrow along with a few other potential suspects. I will hope for a better second flush, with my environment in my control.

Thanks again for all the help!
Deadneck.