Mushroom Strands

Started by lun0s, November 25, 2009, 01:37:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dub504

Yeah, wide mouth pints and 1/2 pints are hard to find in stores. Although I did find Ball wide mouth pints @ Walmart in the canning/food storage section, near food sealers, pressure cookers and Certo.

lun0s

(hey the captchas are gone for me :D) Here is a link to some jars I found online from Canadian Tire, I will be around there tomorrow picking up supplies I might as well go there to) http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/8/KitchenBath/KitchenStorage/Canning/PRDOVR~0422523P/Preserve%2B%2527N%2527%2BServe%2BWidemouth%2BJar%252C%2B250%2BmL.jsp They look fine to me from the picture there. Will check back here later  tonight if I stay up any longer, and when I wake up before I leave for school...
EDIT: Bored while eating cereal.... I checked Canadian Tire for other supplies and I can get vermiculite and perlite there as well, just search for them and they will be the first result on Canadian Tire. Canadian Tire... A shroom cultivators friend right now LOL  ^_^

cugak

When i did brf cakes i couldnt found those wide mouth fucking jars! So i just used drinking glasses and tin foil and it worked great! I taped lower foil with tape and then cover it with 2nd foil and it was ok when i cooked them (didnt use pc)!
share international

lun0s

Well I found a dozen wide mouth 250mL mason jars at Canadian Tire, a 52 Quart clear container(The lid isn't very air tight on top is that a problem?), a thermostat, and hydrometer for 10$, and a much of other things I needed for a decent price I think I spent 41$ there  :mellow: I am going to start making vermiculite and rice flour cakes now :D
EDIT:
I got a 10mL syringe, how much of the liquid should I put in each 250mL jar?

fattrout

"The lid isn't very air tight on top is that a problem?" you should be ok... :mellow:
fattrout