I FOUND SOME WILD MUSHROOMS (PIX)

Started by Yungloc, May 04, 2009, 02:25:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yungloc

fattrout

where did you find them? there not cubensis, but i'm not sure. i know that i wouldn't eat them..
fattrout

Yungloc

i found them growing on a dead tree that had fell over
and the really big ones grew on some straw mixed with
dirt right next to some marijuana plants that i found
in a patch of woods in the middle of a corn field

fattrout

wow, it sounds like your lucky you didn't get shot lol..wait for PW or baph to look at your pics.. they may know what they are..
fattrout

Yungloc

ok

lol yeah it was a good day i went to plant like 9 marijuana plants
till i saw some tire trax goin to the middle of the corn field so i followed
them and ran across a field of like 200+ marijuana plants they are about
6 inches tall

coyoteyogi

Most wild psilocybes will bruise blue when picked. Don't eat these until you have them identified. You could get really sick. Not fun.

Yungloc

yeah im waitin for PW or baph to have a look at em

Deadneck

I wouldn't tread on other peoples territory, especially when there is that big of a crop planted. It might get hazardous/dangerous. Just my opinion.

jrfungi

go back to that spot in October... Pick the buds and ship them to me!!!!

psilocybin warrior

Did you take a spore print? I would NOT eat those.

PW

Baphom3t

I left a reply in the original post.

Baph

heartx

Well this one was the original but does it matter anyway? I don't think so=P

pezoner

BESIDES THE PURPLE BLUEISH BRUISING..U CAN MAKE A SPORE PRINT BY PINCHING THE CAP OFF AND PLACE IT ON WHIT PAPER OR FOIL...THERE ALWAYS A PURPLEISH COLOR....

shroomzer

Quote from: psilocybin warrior on May 06, 2009, 09:55:10 AM
Did you take a spore print? I would NOT eat those.

PW

PW .. just curious as to why you would ask him if he took a spore print?  If they are none edible then why take a spore print at all?

psilocybin warrior

Identification purposes, any hunter knows prints are a key element in accurate ID's.

PW

Yungloc

the spore print was dark brown mixed with a purple color

Azurascender

There are too many variables in identifying mushrooms simply from a picture. By your spore print description it does seem to lead towards the psilocybe genus, but you can never be sure. Buy a field guide. A complete Smithsonian mushroom hunter's guide is around $30 at a book store. Don't be stupid and eat something you aren't 100% sure about.
Chloroform and a dish towel, yeah that will keep them quiet....

shroomzer

Quote from: psilocybin warrior on May 09, 2009, 05:22:53 PM
Identification purposes, any hunter knows prints are a key element in accurate ID's.

PW

Thanks PW .. I was going to retract my question because I had a conversation with someone about that after I had posted it.  Sorry ..  and I do remember reading something about ID etc.  I however do not go hunting for the lil' suckers, I prefer my own ... =)