How Many Flushes?

Started by heartx, May 11, 2009, 12:54:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heartx

How many flushes do cakes last on average? And is there a way(except waiting) to know it won't give anything more? Because I'm on my 3rd flush with my cakes and if they're at the end of their lives I'll make others to replace them.

tripdawg420

hard to say Ive seen 4 flushes off a cake but normally i wait for  3 then i replace with a fresh cake it to keep shit easy but keep it in fc and just see how many

shroomzer

I always make enough cakes to have a good rotation.  I inoculate about 4 cakes every two weeks or so, seems to keep my FC full and my dehydrator running constantly!  As for flushes I usually get two good flushes sometimes a third. But cakes are unpredictable, if you get two good flushes your doing good IMO.  Now my caseing is finally getting better.  My first one got a great first flush, but the second, and third kinda bombed.  I just did  another caseing and it produced a pretty good first flush, which I picked this morning.  Just have to wait to see if I can get a good second flush on that one. 

heartx

I had a good first flush, the second was ok, so I don't think the third will be that great... I think I'll throw them away after the third one.

fattrout

same here, i have seen 4 flushes. but that it takes along time. so get 2 good flushes
and then rotate out. IMO i think i get more fruit that way. like shroomzer sad cakes can be very unpredictable...
fattrout