Homemade Substrate

Started by Yungloc, May 09, 2009, 04:47:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yungloc

Anyone have any idea's on how to make homemade mushroom substrate
out of stuff around the house

psilocybin warrior

LOL, I doubt anyone has everything you need sitting around the house. Unless you are an avid gartner/among other things.

PW

Azurascender

I once grew mycelia from azurescens spores on untreated cardboard as an experiment, but never got further than a 2 inch circle of growth. I should experiment further and write the tek, I think I'm getting somewhere with this...
Chloroform and a dish towel, yeah that will keep them quiet....

veda_sticks

Quote from: Azurascender on May 09, 2009, 05:22:47 PM
I once grew mycelia from azurescens spores on untreated cardboard as an experiment, but never got further than a 2 inch circle of growth. I should experiment further and write the tek, I think I'm getting somewhere with this...

done before, its used for something, maybe starting outdoor beds or something cant remember.
Pf tek substarte is probably the most likely thing you can make with commen items.

Brown Rice Flour (you can make it with brown rice in a coffee grinder or blender)
Vermiculite
water
-drinking glasses with foil lids (canning jars recomended though)

www.mushroomvideos.com

coyoteyogi

Hey azurescender, where did you get your azure spores? I've got a long list of failures in trying to get some azzies started. Failures include: web bought pre-sterilized grain bags, BRC, LC to popcorn jars (beautiful orange mold) etc. Still trying however.

Davie K

(Beautiful orange mold) lol