Humidifier Question

Started by Deadneck, May 11, 2009, 04:27:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deadneck

Hey everyone,

I recently found out a buddy of mine dabbled in the world of mushroom cultivation but got caught by his parents (b/c he still lives with them unfortunately). So, he gave me his pressure cooker, a humidifier, and his terrarium.

He told me to send a hose from the humidifier through 3 two liter bottles into the FC, which is covered by a piece of plexi-glass to prevent moisture from gathering. Here is the humidifier he gave me.  Any help is always appreciated.

Peace,
Deadneck

Deadneck

Hellllllooooo (**echo** helllooo, helllooo, helllooo) No one knows anything about sending a tube from a humidifier through three (maybe less) 2L bottles to purify the humidity going into the FC? I couldn't find anything on Shroomery either. What's the best way to set up a humidifier to an FC?

Later,
Deadneck

heartx

I've never done it myself, but I've read on it. Of What I read it was saying to plug a hose from the humidifier to bottle(2 L) in your case. The number of bottles depend on the % of humidity you want. And you'll have to empty them every once in a while. Looks like something good to keep humidity up, if you have the place for it because it's not really discreet. Hope I helped a little, with the little I know=P

Deadneck

QuoteHope I helped a little, with the little I know=P

Actually yeah, that makes a lot of sense, thanks HeartX. Congrats on your full member status too! Weeeeeeeeeee!!!!

veda_sticks

LOL thats an old outdated method that was used because ultrasonics just put out way to much moisture that you just flood your terrarium, because it gets to 100% the air cant hold any more moisture and the extra just rains on everyting. routing it through bottles is a crude method of reducing the output. Using a digital timer is better.

But, its going to take alot of teaking times to keep your RH consistant, and you risk either drying things out or flooding your terarium.

If thats an ultrasonic, it will flood an entire room never mind a fruitng chamber.

Best thing is just to keep simple, builld a shotgun fruiting chamber. That will easily maintain high humidity with natural FAE. just mist then fan a few times a day

heartx

Oh Yeah full member now! And if you try it with your humidifier, write back about your experience, I haven't read alot about this method.

Deadneck

Veda,

I have a shotgun terrarium and to be honest, I'm not too happy with it. My friend gave me this humidifier and I'm going to build a second FC, mostly b/c I need more area to fruit. How much time is enough to get an adequate amount of humidity in a 30 gallon FC with this type of humidifier, if it were set on a timer?

Thanks,
Deadneck

psilocybin warrior

http://www.erowid.org/plants/mushrooms/mushrooms_mmgg.shtml <scroll down youll see a pic with bottles>, Be sure to drill a tiny hole where the hose meets the humidifier or else ull get backpressure and fail the humidifier. Mine run 15 minutes every hour and a half.

PW

Deadneck

Thanks PW, this is exactly what I was looking for!!! As always, you're on top of shit!

veda_sticks

Quote from: Deadneck on May 21, 2009, 05:36:51 PM
Veda,

I have a shotgun terrarium and to be honest, I'm not too happy with it. My friend gave me this humidifier and I'm going to build a second FC, mostly b/c I need more area to fruit. How much time is enough to get an adequate amount of humidity in a 30 gallon FC with this type of humidifier, if it were set on a timer?

Thanks,
Deadneck

You have the humidifer anyway so try it out. you will also need to make sure you are getting plenty of FAE somehow. And make sure to mist and fan aswell.